Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Royal Purple 20W-50 and K&N oil filter??

10,000 miles? Does anybody else go this long? I change mine around every 3,000 miles and I always do both holes to save any confusion.

Mobil 1 in both

You can also order any oil online and have it shipped to your door through various sites.

IIRC there was a guy on here selling amsoil products since he was a dealer. Could go through him.

Also, I am an amsoil dealer and if anyone is stuck and can't get oil I might be willing to get them the amsoil. I just don't want to step on the other member's toes since he's already providing the service for the forum.

10,000 miles? Does anybody else go this long? I change mine around every 3,000 miles and I always do both holes to save any confusion.
    Yeah I do about every 3k miles. These bikes run HOT, require more frequent changes.

I do agree that RP and AMSOIL are very similar synthetics, but Mobil and HD are not in the same category. There's gobs and gobs of info on this to read at bobtheoilguy forums. Harly Syn is made by Citgo (Hugo Chavez).

Well I used to use mobil 1 a lot in my autos and it did great. Now using amsoil and it seems the same.

Why does it say in the shop manual:
    "use an oil certified for diesel engines. Acceptable
    diesel engine oil designations include CF-4, CG-4, CH-4 and
    CI4. The preferred viscosities for the diesel engine oils, in
    descending order, are 20W-50, 15W-40 and 10W-40."
    When I ask in the local motorcycle parts/accessories shop (as well as anyone else)they say they never heard of this.
    I have been buying either "Harley Doesn't Care For Buells"oops... I mean Davidson or Spectro HD V twin which has the correct API codes.
    Education would be appreciated:~)

Thanks to all in advance.

By the way I have an '03 XB9R. I don't want to take any chances as I only use this bike on the track. 5,200 total miles with more than half on the track. Have owned since new, regular meticulous maintenance.

I run this combination and couldn't be happier. A couple of additional things you can do to help keep the heat down on your bike is to wrap your headers, and don't let your bike get too low on fuel. The fuel pump is cooled by the fuel, so as the fuel gets really low the fuel pump temperature starts to climb substantially. Also, right side air scoop if you're on a lightning.

I last changed oil on my buell in September, its been like 7 months, I need to change my oil this week lol.

Amazing how a conversation is on hold for two years and it can pick right back up

if you want an AWESOME HD oil that professionals use and i have recently switched to, get some Torco 20W-50. i do not believe that it is synthetic, but it is however, a special chemical formula much like that of synthetic. it made my blast soooo much quieter than the mobil synthetic and i plan on using it in my XB9 when i have to change the oil. my parts guy (Jay @ pro-sno in Elburn Illinois) gets it for like 6$ a quart and he uses it in all his race sleds and bikes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast