Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EcmSpy EEPROM's and Maps website

Ok. I took the same old stock/race EEPROM's in that zip file that everyone has been tossing around and made a website so that all the EEPROM's (maps) are easily accessible to everyone; individually.

https://sites.google.com/site/ecmspy/

What I would like to see, however, are custom EEPROM's to put up there that reflect a tuned bike with specified mods. If you have a custom tuned EEPROM for me to put up there (and i am sure many will appreciate it), send it to my email below and include the year, model, and what mods you have done (ie. exhaust type, air filter type, add-ons, breather re-route mod, open airbox mod, etc). Please, only send me EEPROM's that are from a properly tuned bike with the specified mods. Thank you.

mpsnyder@gmail.com

really cool idea and thanks for sharing as I did not have any of these but now when I get my ecmspy cable I can use those on my bike.

Thats awesome when I finish my Jardine map I will post it up.

This is awesome, but you need to check with some legal issues. It says on the ECMspy website that it is illegal to host the ECMSpy software. I dont think there will be an issue with the EEPROMs just the program.

Awesome idea, I just dont want you to get in deep legal trouble over this.

I think legal problems are the least at the moment. Both the 2003 9 EEPROMS, loaded in ECMSpy 1.12.26 are wonky. I have my stock/race both saved plus mods. They load and burn fine. I wouldn't touch those 2 files with a 10' pole, they will brick your CB version ECM.

EDIT just to say these files may be fine for Tunerpro or some other tool. I think the idea is great, but let's not murder our bikes in the search for the ultimate tune. There is no magic bullet.

As far as legal....not worried.

@Livers - I dont own a 9, so I'm unable to test those. If you have the good ones for that year, by all means, send them my way and I will put them up. What was "wonky" about them? Did the maps look ok? Can't you load the EEPROM in EcmSpy and just burn the maps from them?

facts717 - by wonky, I mean ECMSpy loads them fine and the maps are all over the place:

There is additional header info in the file - once you trim that, I'd say the maps are fine. I think posting bare maps is fine, any tool should handle those.

EDITED to add I can send my files if needed, PM please.
    The header from your 2003 XB9 race:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl {\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Courier New;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
    {\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.15.1507;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\tx0\tx959\tx1918 \tx2877\tx3836\tx4795\tx5754\tx6713\tx7672\tx8631\ f0\fs20 BUECB060 00-00-00\par
    Reihe:1\par

The header from my 2003 XB9 race:

BUECB060 05-22-02
    Reihe: 1

I haven't a clue where the added data comes from, but ECMSpy doesn't like it.

Very cool of you to host this Facts. Guys, he's not offering "magic" EEPROMs, never said he was. It's a resource to be used at your own discretion (and it says so on the opening page). But for many, many people, it's at least a STARTING point and a "bank" of some great user-created custom maps. For Pete's sake, let the guy contribute without beating him over the head with it.

Whoa. Nobody is beating him up. He had 2 bad files, I pointed that out and provided replacements. I'm on board with the idea, very much so.

Index of files/maps will be way more useful with user feed back, like Livers offered us. :)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast