Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EcmSpy EEPROM's and Maps website

Dear all,

let me introduce myself, I am a newborn in your comunity, looking for someone who is able to send me an EEPROM for ECMSPY with race settings for my Buell XB12Scg MY 2009; the model of my ECM is BUE2D XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later.

I have a drummer stock exaust a K & N filter, and a kit big bore 1250.

Is anyone so kind to send me the complete EEPROM to burn in my ECM?
    If it is not possible in public post you may contact me in private or at my email address giancarlomessalli@hotmail.it

Thank you in advance to you all

kool I going to try 2009XB12Custom.txt
    on the dyno next week

anyone got any custom maps for EBR ECM close to what i am running?

2007 XB12SS
    Custom open pipe similar to Drummer SS
    K&N air filter
    NHRS 1250cc top end

anyone have a race ECM that i could customize for my bike?

Thanks for putting these together!

I tried to load the 2006 XB12 EEPROM and I got this weird length error, both for the race and stock.

Are you converting an EEPROM text file into binary and then trying to "Load From File?" I'll try to help, but you need to post the steps you take to get this msg. Your other thread mentions maps, but this one mentions EEPROM. Is your problem with loading both?

My goal is to load the EEPROM so I can save the fuel map separately and then load that map into the EEPROM on my bike, following the steps I've seen outlined in several posts.

From ECMSpy, I go to the EEPROM tab and select "Convert text file" and then I get this error It gives me a different error when I just tried to load the text file directly but I forgot to grab it. It was really happy with the Uly file for conversion from txt, but when I tried to load the epr file it told me I am an idiot for trying to load a BUEGB file to a BUEIB ECM.

Others have mentioned just "copy and paste" the contents of the text file into my own EEPROM file, but I don't know how to convert my epr file to a txt.

I was able to recreate the issue you see when attempting to convert text-based EEPROM files into binary. Not all files being converted showed the issue, so that was a clue.

It took some debugging, but I figured out the problem. Certain eeprom files posted in those online repositories have extra data at the end of the file, after the actual eeprom data. In the files I have examined, the extra data is one or several CR/LF bytes (0D 0A - highlighted in the pic below). The parser in ECMSpy for Mono most likely expects the data for each eeprom to be an exact length, so when it has parsed what it thinks should have been all of the data but continues to read more data, it throws the error.

The solution is to simply open the eeprom file in a text editor (ie, notepad), type <Ctrl+end> or position your cursor at the end of the file, and use backspace to delete any extra lines and spaces until your cursor it sitting at the end of the last actual character of data. For example, in the file 2006XB12Stock.txt,. your cursor would be sitting immediately after the characters '00', with no data following.

Save that file, try to convert it, and let me know if that works!

That did it, thanks much!

Turns out my stock map hasn't modified in the least - so it's not corrupt and I can work on other possible problems.

Thanks again!

Good day gentleman, looks like this thread has been a little dead.

I have been searching high and low for a week and FINALLY, I find you my angel in shining armor! (Facts717)

I bought a 2008 Buell Ulysses XB12X about 2 weeks ago. The previous owner never touched the ECM and upon research I find that there are updated EEPROMS that improve performance as well as the fan logic. Hence my tireless search for the file for the last week or so. On the website you have "XB12" & "Ulysses" links with EEPROMS. I'm confused as I have a Ulysses XB12X, so can I use either one or should I go for the Ulysses one? Technically a Ulysses is part of the XB12 family I assume?

https://sites.google.com/site/ecmspy/home

Again, thanks Facts717 for putting this together & everybody else for contributing the EEPROMs.

Lyu

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345