Thread: My xb pops tail-lights faster than wheelies!

Not long ago I was riding and a nice cager told me my tail-light was out, so I order a new one and put it in, easy enough. But just today (not even a full week after I put in the last one) the replacement one also failed. I haven't noticed anything abnormal other than when I first tested it the light shone full brightness at all times, but after putting around the block it resumed its regular appearance, brightening when I go on the brakes. Any ideas?

i had an issue with mine not illuminating when i got one the brakes not that long ago. first off if it was illuminating all the time it almost sounds like u had either the bulb or the plug upside down. but if it quit doing that on its own im not sure. make sure the contact plates are getting contact good to the metal pieces on the back of the bulb. and not possibly contacting both. those things can bend and cause issues. check this and let me know. if the problem continues ill try to replicate ur issue on mine

Similar happened with my bike. It was like someone swapped the wires to the contacts one day. I simply pulled the two side by side contacts and flipped their positions. Bulb lights properly now, but for some reason my rear brake doesn't light it anymore. Front still operates properly.

After fidangling with it I realized that when I installed it, I must've just inserted it, and not turned it clockwise because the terminals of the bulb weren't properly aligned with the contacts. The bulb rotating the slightest bit would make the difference between the terminals touching the right respective contact, or the terminals touching both contacts, which would explain why it changed by itself. I hope all I have to do is properly install the next one lol.

Simple answer happens a lot to me the vibration shakes the bulb loose sometimes the tail light works and sometimes the brakes light works. The less contact first the tail light goes then the brake light. I always check before I go pull off and always carry a pocket screwdriver.

Simple fix change the rear tailight to a direct wired LED tail light or try something to keep the bulb connected to the contact strips.