Thread: Flyscreen

I've tried looking but I cant find any place that has any white flyscreens (so they can be painted) in stock. Tryed buellparts but there on back order.

Anyone know where I could find one?

Can you paint over the translusent ones and still look good?

yep, but it might be worth more in a trade.

haha, that would be very frustrating to those of us who wish they had translucent bodywork!

There's that one website that just sells race bodywork. I know they have a ton of firebolt stuff, but I can't remember whether or not they have any lightning flyscreens. Either way I'd vote for finding a cheap solid one and just repainting it. Finding a white one ready to paint isn't any better than just using primer on a normal one.

i have one that use to be yellow that is now painted black. make me an offer

lol, how bout you tell me how much you want for it.

And whats the website thtat sells bodywork?

this may not be the same topic but I was wondering if anyone has used one of the extended flyscreens on a lightning, such as this one (link below). Would like to buy one but wondering if it is worth it before doing so. Also, anyone got one they want to get rid of?

[url]http://www.buellparts.net/content-product_info/product_id-2108/lightning_sport_touring_windscreen_smoke.html

I haven't tried one personally, but people say they work. I'm interested in one too someday, as my only experience on the highway for an extended time on the XB was awful, but I haven't really seen too much I like yet. I might end up buying a larger screen and cutting it, and seeing if I can soften it up the the oven to bend it in the right shape to fit.

As far as the website. I finally remembered where it was... http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/buell/prodbuell.htm don't see any lightning stuff though.

I have never had any problem on the highway with my XB. 200 miles no prob. But then I'm Michelin man sized so it takes a lot of wind to move me around.
    Plus bent rows in the gym help strengthen the stabilizing muscles.

The only highway experience I've had with mine so far was the 5 hour ride home at 80mph. Up to 60 was fine, but anything over was awful. The only thing that bothered me was the noise, which I know is more my helmet than it is the bike, but a good shield would help. Physically, I was amazed at how comfortable the low seat is considering it's hard as a rock, and my back held up surprisingly well. I've since bought ear plugs so I'll see how the ride from Pittsburgh to Carlisle is for bikefest at the end of the month.