Thread: S to Ss tail swap

Has anyone else done Nitto's mod, the S tail on the Ss? How about using a spacer like AndreSTA? If so I would really like to see pics of the end result. I have located all the parts and I am getting ready to start the conversion on my Ss, but I haven't decided for sure which way to go: custom spacer or reworked rails? Any more info would be great! Thanks

I'd love to hear what you went with - I'm looking to put an S subframe on my Ulysses...

Something like this...

Eugene, I am actually in the process right now. I ended up going with Nitto's idea. Just got the rails from the shop yesterday and sent them to paint. Should have them back Tue.... Here they are after the mod but pre-paint.

I ended up going with the stock seat rails, but replaced the tail-light/triple-tail unit with a regular lightning tail-light unit:

I sprayed the rails graphite and also have had the wheels done graphite with polished outer rims

I briefly had the shorter S rails and seat fitted and it was DAMN uncomfortable as the angle wasn't really right - I attached the top mounts and then put thin bolts through the not-quite-lined-up bottom mounts. That way I kept the strength of the original top mounts and the bottom ones simply press down on the main frame anyway - my 'thin bolts' just hold then in place. I was worried about having the top mounts messed with as if they fail, I was worried I might swivel backwards on the bottom mounts and end up with a wheel up my arse!

Anyhoo, now it's super comfy and looks the business (I think!)

I tell ya what man if someone would actually come up with a working spacer these mods would be much more open to a lot of people.

old thread but i'm looking at gathering parts for this. Mine is a 06 with very little done to it