Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New motor that would be perfect in a XB

I hope Erik Buell is coming out With a Production Super Bike that will Rival this One just Because #1-he is a bike Racer, and builder. #2-I really WANT one of those 1190 Babes to go to Track for Hell on Wheels Day.
    guess you may have missed the news...

see this video in the link for what you want to hear !!
    Best EBR news to date so far !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

and here is another great thread on EBR Racing team and lots of links to some info and news on EBR.

Erik-Buell-Racing team & Geoff May thread

oh and to comment on the motus engine bada$$ for merge of old tech and new tech but not much for sportbike , be great for custom bike or really great in a light wieght 2 seat roadster car or a hot rod or small replica car or be really fun turbo or supercharged in a Smart car. especially if it gets good MPG. and sounds good.

nothing against anyone or saying they are wrong about the way the engine is positioned, but look at a lot of the bmw bikes over the years....

And none of them are Sport Bikes and are shaft driven.

I'll still take an 1190RR over The V-rod style engine.Now I'm not Hating on it. Walter Roehrich is just trying to keep his american dreams alive. We all have them! I'm Rooting for Any American that puts it all on the line. Same as Erik,has been doing for over 30yrs.The more the better. I wanted to get conversation going.NOW, That I'm back from Daytona with my Pap, He's 71 this year. I've known about the v-rod charged engine for over a year.Yes I have friends in low places.And family in Calif.. There's 5 dealers out in Calif. One in WI.,more to follow. And Yes the dealer(HD) will service the Engines For now! The rest is still to be in house. Time will tell if the old style RE-Tooled engine will hold up.At least an American is doing this. CHECK out Motorcycle.com news Remember the curtain Peek, That was the 1190RS sister bike. Erik will no doubt make this bike a special Expensive purchase.Lot of carbon on her. Those stacked lights aren't (my) style, still looks like it will cut the air better .Only 50 or more of those will be made. At over $45,000 bucks each! The bored out 1125 engine is filled with goodies, better than steel valves etc.I'm Flying out to Calif. in Apr.to see the Mission Elect. Bikes figure i'll check out the Roehring dealer again as well. BTW-the Daytona Track rides SWEETER than ever. And the races seemed faster as well. :D

I've been eye-balling these bikes for the past year or so thinking that when it came time for a new bike, these would be on my short list. Prices were just realeased during Daytona bike week - 30,000+ base brice for all models.

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews...tegoryId=48447

I'm hoping that like EBR, the first bikes off the line will front all of the R&D cost and over the next few years they will come down in price for the common rider to afford.

I'm glad they made it from concept to the showroom floor!

Don't even need a Turbo, nrhs performance builds 12.1 motors with stage three head work that lands right around those torque and HP numbers. Lighten the flywheel a tad, finish with some good cams. Turbos are for ricers and busas.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345