Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warranty requirement?

That is exactly my point! Do you want to take a risk on that 80-90% of 'so-called' ASE master techs? Another point to make is that the dealers have the means and money and time to train young kids to work on cars and bikes, they are the future and someone has to give them a chance - not independent shops because they can't afford the risk of those kids f@$kin up the repairs. I am NOT saying independent shops sucks, what I am saying is that Dealers are willing to do a lot more, less risk factors and that is why you are paying a little bit more.
    ;)

Thanks for all the info guys! I just think $170 is a little steep for what is essentially an oil and filter change, looking the bike over for anything loose and a test ride.

i and the people i work with go to an average of 16 hours a month in training.you can fool the public but not the pros in this trade.any good tech is not going to work for a dealer for warranty time when they can work for an independant at 100 percent labor time.ive worked at a dealer and private shops know the ins and outs of both.

Anrkizm95, as you know, we can go all day and night with this discussion. So let's drop it!

yea i agree.we could proably go at it all year long.take care and have a good weekend.:)

RT performance let me know about you how to video. i am gettting clost to my 620 mile inspection and the dealers around north chicago want any where from 190 to $245 im a aircraft mechanic so i can turn a wrench and have a dagree in autobody repair. dont have my maintenance manual yet so the video would be helpful. the cr is alot different from my X1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12