Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Just a little something to say about reliability.

You should se the new line of GS exhaust done by LF Hell-Fire Heavy Industries! They send you a SawZall and detailed instructions, written on a paper bag smelling of Night Train.

Google "HOA disruptors"

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Agree 100% Fredrik. BMW motorcycle and particularly the GS is finest production motorcycle in the world and has been for 40 years now. Most Buell EBR riders seem more attracted to $1700USD garage sale specials. the BMW motorcycle line more appealing to us well-heeled, mature riders of higher financial stature and superior riding skiils who shun garage disasters. I personally can highly recommend all BMW motorcycle models as i just purchased my 5th but 1st GS. Reliability is legendary but Buell reliability been major problems so if heading out for ride keep trip short and have your local AAA or towing company on speed-dial and keep jaunts limited to restaurants, grocery stores and coffee shops. i can and will highly also recommend entire Honda line along with Hyosung TrackMaster Mark-IV with Suzuki sourced SV650 engine style for TrackMaster.
    Buell most all times problems for electrical shorts and wheels exploding on interstates along with constant valve adjustments and fork leaks plus wooden brake pedal feel which is dangerous for trail-braking of course.
    warm regards,
    TEABAG

Attachment 13782
    Attachment 13783
    Hahaha. Nicely done, as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrikrosen View Post
    Why do you americans have such big need to always pick on BMW? Stop the bs, the BMW GS are the nr 1 prefered bike to use on any kind of longer traveling. Deserts, highways, backroads etc. So please, stop the crap. They are great bikes and in EU not known to break down, maybe your mechanics need to get education. If any brand need a big checkbook is it Harley with their ridicoulus prices on everything.
    This is not about knowing, it is patriotic mumbojumbo. All bikes have their pros ans cons.
    Yawn.

Keep yer foreign junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Keep yer foreign junk.
    Mature......i am sure you are 100% native american.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Yawn.
    Shall we say the same everytime we hear what crap or how bad our products are? Ever heard of respect and dignity? USA make alot of nice and not so nice products, EU make alot of nice and not so nice products. That kind of rethoric just do one thing, divide. Is that what we need in todays world? For sure not.

https://bmwmcmag.com/2014/06/bmw-mot...p-ride-notice/

https://bmwmcmag.com/2015/03/recall-...s-motorcycles/

https://bmwmcmag.com/2014/05/2013-bm...smission-seal/

Really, the perfect bike ? Very good bikes, yes but far from perfect and very expensive, for everything and ugly. Oh did I say how ugly they are. The models with the cylinders sticking out on both sides of the bike, absolutely suck for going through traffic, did I mention how ugly they are.

My Ully after the accident looks better than one of those coming off the showroom floor.

Of course, this is all from my perspective, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but when it comes to BMW bikes, I don't think this saying applies !
    Last edited by njloco; 06-22-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrikrosen View Post
    Why do you americans have such big need to always pick on BMW? Stop the bs, the BMW GS are the nr 1 prefered bike to use on any kind of longer traveling. Deserts, highways, backroads etc. So please, stop the crap. They are great bikes and in EU not known to break down, maybe your mechanics need to get education. If any brand need a big checkbook is it Harley with their ridicoulus prices on everything.
    This is not about knowing, it is patriotic mumbojumbo. All bikes have their pros ans cons.
    While I realize it's a world market these days we, I, me & my wife like to but American whenever possible. Personally, I could care less what makes the motorcycle go as long as it's reliable and does what it's suppose to. There's nothing wrong with being patriotic as long as it's not pushed too far.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    https://bmwmcmag.com/2014/06/bmw-mot...p-ride-notice/

https://bmwmcmag.com/2015/03/recall-...s-motorcycles/

https://bmwmcmag.com/2014/05/2013-bm...smission-seal/

Really, the perfect bike ? Very good bikes, yes but far from perfect and very expensive, for everything and ugly. Oh did I say how ugly they are. The models with the cylinders sticking out on both sides of the bike, absolutely suck for going through traffic, did I mention how ugly they are.

My Ully after the accident looks better than one of those coming off the showroom floor.

Of course, this is all from my perspective, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but when it comes to BMW bikes, I don't think this saying applies !
    No body say they are perfect, but they are good bikes. All brands have recalls, it shows the manufacturer care about the product.

Ps: I have a few Urals, same ”ugly” engine.
    Last edited by Fredrikrosen; 06-22-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    While I realize it's a world market these days we, I, me & my wife like to but American whenever possible. Personally, I could care less what makes the motorcycle go as long as it's reliable and does what it's suppose to. There's nothing wrong with being patriotic as long as it's not pushed too far.
    I agree, problem is most not know when being patriotic in a way it start to get nationalistic in a bad way. But hey, the XB model has parts from Japan, China, USA, Italy, Taiwan and Austria. So it is a very international model.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast