Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Just a little something to say about reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Best check your tone, Son. won't stand for any Josh attacks.
    Son?

The Ural is a copy of the BMW used in WW2, when the Russians came into Germany they took the molds and other machinery to make the BMW motorcycle engines only problem is they never really progressed and it's still pretty much a WW2 relic.

Yes, most motorcycles made today are very good motorcycles including BMW, I just think they're outrageously priced. They're going to have to do something because KTM is kicking their butts especially with the relatively new 790 Adventure R which is so far reportedly fantastic ! I'd own one if I were a bit taller.

A few years back before I owned any Buells I almost bought a 2009 BMW adventure bike, I met the previous owner of the bike at the dealer and he said he traded it in and bought a K series they gave him $11,000 towards the trade in, he said they gave him a lot. I offered them $12,500 what I considered a nice little quick profit but it wasn't enough for them they wanted $14,500 and wouldn't come down any lower. I went out and bought a brand new 2013 Triumph adventure bike. I went and visited the BMW dealer 6 months later and guess what, that BMW I offered to buy was still there ! As far as I am concerned, best choice I ever made !
    Last edited by njloco; 06-23-2020 at 01:30 AM.

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrikrosen View Post
    I agree, problem is most not know when being patriotic in a way it start to get nationalistic in a bad way.
    From this guy:

Why do you americans...
    ...the BMW GS are the nr 1 prefered bike to use on any kind of longer traveling...
    ...maybe your mechanics need to get education...
    ... If any brand need a big checkbook is it Harley with their ridicoulus prices on everything...
    8 posts. Picking on nice, helpful members....

and your hypocrisy is astounding. This is gonna be fun, Fabio

I bought my Harley and my Buells because they are American bikes. This is a Buell forum. I'm a proud American born and raised here so suck it.

I think I'll go to a BMW motorcycle forum, find a 2 year old thread, and tell them 'Krauts to quit bashing my precious Buells!

Oh no, wait a sec... I'm smarter than that

It's probably teabag using a different handle.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    The Ural is a copy of the BMW used in WW2, when the Russians came into Germany they took the molds and other machinery to make the BMW motorcycle engines only problem is they never really progressed and it's still pretty much a WW2 relic.

Yes, most motorcycles made today are very good motorcycles including BMW, I just think they're outrageously priced. They're going to have to do something because KTM is kicking their butts especially with the relatively new 790 Adventure R which is so far reportedly fantastic ! I'd own one if I were a bit taller.

A few years back before I owned any Buells I almost bought a 2009 BMW adventure bike, I met the previous owner of the bike at the dealer and he said he traded it in and bought a K series they gave him $11,000 towards the trade in, he said they gave him a lot. I offered them $12,500 what I considered a nice little quick profit but it wasn't enough for them they wanted $14,500 and wouldn't come down any lower. I went out and bought a brand new 2013 Triumph adventure bike. I went and visited the BMW dealer 6 months later and guess what, that BMW I offered to buy was still there ! As far as I am concerned, best choice I ever made !
    OHV Urals dont have a part common with BMW, the first sidevalve model was BMW copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I think I'll go to a BMW motorcycle forum, find a 2 year old thread, and tell them 'Krauts to quit bashing my precious Buells!

Oh no, wait a sec... I'm smarter than that
    Please do, is it not allowed to read and write in old threads? Then change the forum rules please. Feel free to continue your personal attacks, Often used when out of options. A few has answered nice, most have used insults like ”suck it” etc. Only because i said it is silly to pick on a brand only because it is german, see it all the time on other forums as well. If that make you butthurt, sorry.
    Last edited by Fredrikrosen; 06-23-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Feel free to continue your personal attacks.
    Better yet.

phred.JPG

and the blabbering idiot is gone.

Fred:

1) Yes we are bias to Buell. See: website address
    B) I think I'm safe in saying Cooter doesn't hate BMW, but was pointing out a notoriously complicated (or advanced, if that's less of a trigger for you) brand of bikes that would be more difficult to fix with a hammer than a Buell. We could all argue opposing sides with anecdotal evidence, but I think it's safe to say most of us would be less capable of fixing a BMW without a shop.
    4) I've been trolled, have a nice day!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast