Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my blast vs ninja 250

no but the person that left first could still win the race with a slower time. its called a holeshot win

No dragstrip I have been to includes the RT in the ET. they are both printed, but the RT is not included in the time. It is so you can give people a lead (or sit on the line spooling your turbo, if youre me)

There are tons of variables that can effect your time/mph. If you have a quick 60 ft. time but your bike/car has less top end you may beat your competitor still but come in at a slower speed. Whereas the complete opposite can be true as well.

EDIT: you guys just need to get it over with and drag the two bikes. My money is on the blast.

Afinley, you are right my bad. I misunderstood.

What ride of your is turboed?

no but the person that left first could still win the race with a slower time. its called a holeshot win
    Exactly how one gets a lower et but slower trap speed. Depending on the bike or car you could still lose obviously do to power etc.

Ill put my money on the blast

Take off is a big factor.A better rider on a slower bike can beat a non experianced rider on a fast bike

This is simple - the older Ninja would win because the Blast top end was 96 and the Ninja's was 100, however a 2000 Blast VS an older Ninja was a tie for that reason - the 2000 having the slightly different gearing. A Blast vs. a new Ninja wins because the top end on the new Ninja is 92 to the Blasts 96. If twisties where involved - the Blast would win because the bike was built with much better balance. Erik Buell's Trio of Tech. The looks of the new Ninja are nice though, but it always makes me smile to hear it wind up to get to where the Blast already is.
    EZ

I don't think these bikes will make it any where close to their top speeds by the end of the 1/4.

Depends what you do to it, even a stock set up, tuned up with some carb and exhaust mods, really improves the Blasts basic abilities to such an extent that the quote "It seems like a new bike..." is often repeated.
    EZ's Stock bike Mods:
    1)Drill a 1 5/8" hole directly across from the first hole of the stock exhaust on the same side as the stock hole but all the way to the right of it.
    2)Rejet 45/170 (some years will have 170 stock - some don't)
    3)Shim needle to 0.05 - 2 #4 machined brass washers is close.
    4)Do the air box Mod - mild or wild - still keeping the basic look though.
    5)Drill air-screw plug out, and bottom screw then turn 2 2/3 turns out.
    6)Do primary adjustment - preferably sound method - on the loose side.
    7)Make a splitter or buy one - http://scaryfastracing.net/harley.html - see carb tkv.
    8)Buy an Yost Tube and put it in your carb - Ebay has them cheap for a CV40 - 2000 era - discard the rest of kit.
    Eight simple things to increase the delivery of power on a Buell Blast - making it even more of a Blast to ride!
    EZ

Jetting for a V&H would be 45/175 - rest the same.
    EZ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast