Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECM SPY USB CABLE.

im not 100 percent sure yet. i think its 400 bucks or something around there. i just dont know if i have the capabilities to properly tune my bike. i understand how a combustion engine works and all lol, but knowing what will happen if i change something minor is beyond my thinking capabilities. i just want this bitch to run top notch. just like it looks. :)

Stang,

I have a cable available for sale. I'll include the software, too. I recommend checking the forum for an updated version.

$30.00 shipped in the USA

i'll keep that in mind for when i find out more details.

You don't need to know how to custom tune to download race maps and burn them to your ecm. Nothing to really screw up.

Can Harley dealers even tune bikes? They're probably just going to load the updated maps into your bike and charge you $400. At most, maybe a $250 race ECM, then $150 to pop the seat and plug it in.

Go to a custom bike shop, something doesn't seem right. Dealers don't custom tune...

Ok, just asked another engineer that's done more with USB. Here's why you can't just do USB to TTL hardwired:

TTL is just a hardware connection standard. ~0v volts is a 0, ~5v is a low. There is no standard protocol, you have to define headers, start/stop bytes, packet size, checksum, etc. TTL is just raw 0's and 1's.

USB essentially uses the same thing, but has a set protocol. There's a whole language back and forth that has to be understood, packet structure, etc.

So, if you just connected everything and plugged it in, the USB would try polling the ECM using its protocol, which the ECM won't understand. The data could even harm it, if it happened to be the equivalent of a command to write a table or something. The USB on the computer won't understand anything the ECM responds back with, it's all 0's and 1' that don't meet USB protocol.

So, you'd need a controller between the USB and Buell ECM, to convert back and forth between raw TTL 0/1's and USB language. Or...a custom USB port on the computer with custom drivers. Much easier to use a USB-TTL converter.

Stang,

Any thoughts regarding the cable I have for sale? I plan to list it on the forums, if you do not want the item.

Here's a good place to get a quality ecmspy cable for cheap!

http://www.vtwintunerconnection.com/

Best price I could find and fast shipping!

Hey a13fxr,

When you first run ECMSpy, click the "Konfiguration" link at the top, select "Programm" from the dropdown, and finally change the dropdown list labeled "Sprache" to "English" and hit the "Ok" button. Now those of us in the US can read it!!! Finally, select "View" from the links at the top and check "Professional". Now everything is visible.

Plug your custom USB cable into the bike and your PC, turn the key on the bike to ON. Click the button on the top that looks like a cable which will open a dialog box. Select "Auto detect" and it will locate your bike if the cable works. Now click the button on the top left of ECMSpy with the KEYS on it to connect to your bike. Your In.

ECMSpy comes with an excellent tutorial in the application on what to do so I wont go into it. Click the HELP link at the top and select "Tuning Guide" . You will need to download Adobe PDF viewer here http://www.adobe.com

if you have any query then visit my site..

hdmi cables

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12