Thread: Tuning in MA/New England

Anyone know of anywhere good in Massachusetts or anywhere in new England to get your bike tuned? I have found a few Harley dealerships that claim they can tune buells but I have read some horror stories on here so I figured I would ask first. Thanks.

What year do you have?
    Dyno tuning, according to my local dealer, requires a Power Commander module, however, they are not made for Buell XB's.
    '08 and later have a learning ECM. My '09 XB12Ss adapted perfectly to the Hawk exhaust and K&N intake. Only an EBR race ECM could do any more for me.
    Lots of Buellers on here can help if you want to DIY tune with ECMSPY if you have a pre-08.

BTW, If I lived in MA still, I'd have to have a stock exhaust handy to throw back on for inspection. They define "loud" as "louder than original equipment."

Fish Gutz where in mass did you live ive never had a probelm getting a sticker for pipes , hell my biddy had a thunder header and still got a sticker?

and yes what year is your bike and what type of tuning ?

My bike is a 2009 xb9sx, I have hawk, k&n, and airbox delete, I am having my heads ported and polished by nrhs, I was also considering new cylinders and cams this winter, I know the 09 ECM is can recalibrate it's fuel maps but i was guessing that it may not learn to it's full potential since everyone wants to modify their stock maps, please correct me if I'm wrong

Probably need to EBR tunable Race ECM for such extreme mods.
    http://www.ebracing.com/shop/product36.html

NRHS has a nice of 88" kit. That would be sweet. But not until I lose 100 pounds first. That will be the equivalent of gaining 20HP. And it will improve the power to weight ration by almost 20%. Ha! I'll have to be more careful keeping the front end down on take offs.