Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ( Thee ) exhaust mod by Captain Ron

Thanks to some warmer weather i finally got some ridng in and i have to say the bike feels the same as it did before. If i lost any back pressure it is not noticeable whatsoever. The sound to me is not hollow and my wife and everyone that has heard it says it sounds like a Harley. You can start out small with the ole and keep making it bigger untill the pitch and tone are where you want . I have done several DIY mods but ths one is by far the best thing you can do do a XB.

Had an extra stock muffler so why not try and get a little sound out of one. I didn't have a hole saw that would reach to the back so I used a regular 5/8" drill bit and drilled two separate holes. It back pops a little now but I think the performance hasn't really been changed much.

Made a video comparing before and after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuTIF...ature=youtu.be

Hi dudes,
    I just did a very similar mod to Skidude's one on my 2003 xb9s. Now have a flat spot around 3 - 4k.
    What would be my best / simplest approach to rectifying this?

Thanks a mill,
    Mick.

WP_20160328_004.jpg. Just did this tonight on a stock exhaust. Had all the tools... Sounds much better, like a real V twin should. Free sound before I decide to spend money on a new louder exhaust, good suggestions!

I know this thread has been beat to death but I have read it all and I am a guy that has a few loud bikes and likes the mellow tone of my Uly but wants just a bit more growl at idle to drown out the mechanical noise. I know the captain took some heat from board members about the benifits of this low cost mod but does anyone that did the modification still like it of have you bought an aftermarket pipe? Still thinking of doing the mod because of the jacking point, engine protection, exhaust valve, and cost and then getting a local Buell wizard to tune it with the stock modified pipe.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678