Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A fair asking price.

Do you guys think $7k is a fair asking price for my '08 XB12R. Everything on the bike is clean, im looking to sell the end of this year and just trying to get a bearing on what I can get out of her.

my theory is that once the dealerships have sold out, you can, or I should say we can as buell owners set the market price. That means we nolonger have to sell our bikes for less then what the dealerships are selling them for cause the dealerships are nolonger compitition. And although there are a lot for sale as of now they are still rare compaired to any of the jap or italion bikes. so start higher then you think you should and slowly go down depending on how fast you need it sold.

I am curious about this too.. I have had this urge to get an 1125CR, but only if I could get enough from my 2007 XB12S w/ 5k miles to not have to spend any more.

Heres my bike though....

>.< I have to say. This board has kinda let me down recently. Iv had one serious issue with my bike, made a decent sized post asking for advice or any tips and got nothing. Then I made this post and again nothing, if this is the kind of support we give the rest of our Bueller community maybe its good Im moving on. Good luck guys.

Thaloc signing off.

Hey you didnt give very much time for your ?... Most people ride on the weekends instead of responding to forum ?'s anyway i think the bikes are worth what you are asking but i just bought a 09' this year brand new for $6200 so do i think its worth more yes! will somone pay that right now probly not... You will have to wait until all the "cheap" ones are bought up and then maybe the price will start goin up on these because there arent anymore being made... Hopefully some day mine will be collectable.

Not sure how collectable mine will be, but I think that it will be easy to sell one for what you have in it before next riding season. I expect that enough people are intrigued by these bikes that you can certainly expect the interest to remain high on them. Especially the late model bikes that have become so reliable.

Yeah relax Thaloc. I cant say that 7k is a fair price or not. What I can say is that all it takes is the right buyer that wants it and will pay it.

I sold my 039R not too long ago on Craigslist for 5k in less than a week but there are still Buells on there for sale that are newer and less $$.

The guy that bought it just wanted it really bad.

From what I could find, the only thing you've posted lately is how you've announced that you want a Duc. That's nothing for us to stress about because we all know you'll be back. Yeah my next bike will probably be a duc sport classic, but I'm still keeping the Buell. It will always be the better handling bike and cost WAAAY less for maintenance.

$7k is too high. You'll get around $5k. This is definitely not the time to sell a buell(or any bike)

You've had some bad luck with your bike, so I understand your frustrations. But don't be hatin.

Im not hating at all. I had a serious issue with an oil leak, that I thought was cause by my re route. I posted up a huge post explaining on what was done and the issues and got no help or feedback at all from anyone. Just a continuation on the original post. Meh. Maybe I shoulda clogged the board up with another thread, prolly would got more feedback. I love my Buell, and I'v loved the community up until recently. And your all right, I will prolly be back, in about 10-15 years when EBR starts making production models.

My problem with no responce.

Sorry you didn't get any help with that. The truth is we've lost a lot of senior members. What we have left is a lot of new buellers that just dont have enough experience. I didn't see your post, otherwise I would have responded. It sounds to me like a PCV valve is bad. Its easy to replace, just yank it out. It is where your breather hoses come from. I would check those and make sure your hoses aren't rubbing on anything near the valves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast