Thread: EBR ECM

I have the K&N filter and Drummer exhaust on my 08. I did also have the open airbox, but the bike did not like it and was running very hot, put the stock inner cover back in and that helped a little but still running hot. Now I am waiting on my right side scoop and EBR ECM. Any tips from you guys on what I should do after installing new ECM, and should I put the airbox delete back on? Thanks in advance.

do a tps reset after ecm install. the ebr ecm will make a world of difference with those mods. at least it did for mine. i waited to put my k & N on and do my open airbox mod as i didnt want it running any more lean that it already was with the jardine. disconnect your battery prior to unplugging anything ecm related too. i was just informed of all this myself as i just did the mod too.

ride for about 30 mins at over 3000 rpm.i reset my tps about once a week also.ebr ecm updated fan settings will help the bike run cooler also.

i fully understand that the tune in the ebr ecm is for the mods the you buy it for and its not tuned directly for the bike but i noticed that my bike now seems to dip down to about 800 rpm at idle and then back up to 1000 1050 or so and every once in a while it will "cough" through the intake when i go to crack the throttle after idle. i expect that this is where a dyno tune would come in handy but im willing to live with it as its better than not having the race ecm. any insight?

stang65pony---
    im having the same things going on with my bike.
    ive got the breather re-route and a D&D. she hesitates on highway when im above 4k rpm's.
    how much is a EBR ECM?

shane the EBR ECM will run you $250.00
    http://www.ebracing.com/shop/page11.html

I am having the same problems with my EBR ECM. I did the TPS reset as required by EBR tech procedure. I have a K&N and special ops exhaust on my 08 xb12. My start up is crappy...erratic idle and stalling, the only greta performance I can get out of this new config is above 4000 rpm. It is flat without throttle response up untill that point. We went on a charity ride and my bike was decel popping flat accelerating and running like crap. I heard a comment from the ricers "THATS WHY BUELL WENT UNDER"....I love my Buell with utmost passion,untill now. I am trying to get this resolved through contacting EBR tech and Erik himself,but it has been a slow process...bummed bueller

Super Moderator
    The EBR ECMs are a waste of money any way you look at them. These complaints are not new.

When you performance tune a bike, it's ridiculous to think that a tune made in one place under one set of conditions is going to work for all bikes everywhere. Unless you live in the same city as EBR, I wouldn't spend a dime on one of his race ECMs.

i would have had my bike dyno tuned but my asshole would look like a cut open watermelon after i paid the bill. cant afford that. my bike has minimal problems after the ecm. just those few things every now and then. and for the price and the simplicity its good for me. i have a lot of crap going on right now with my house and other projects so something that was plug n play was ideal and affordable. if someone can dyno tune my bike for 1/2 of what they want i'd be interested.