Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a new ECM.... Now what?

I bought a new ECM, thanks to Alfatango1, I'm just wanting to know what do I need to do to get everything running. Is it just plug and play or will I need to do a TPS reset or something?
    Thanks in advance

I just got the EBR ECM and they told me all you need to do was install and do a TPS reset. I ask the same question here and decided to follow the advise from the replys and disconnected the battery, makes it easier for installation. After installing do a tps reset and a good "learn" ride keeping the rpm's between 3-3.5k for about 30 minutes, stop the bike and do another tps reset. Also, if it is the race ecm, you will tell a big difference. Mine is now a BEAST and seems to climb through the RPM's and pulls so much harder. Hope this helps.

my bike now pulls like a freakin freight train in 5th. i have the race ecm on my 09 xb12 with jardine exhaust tune. there are a few minor side effects of the tune but i realize that its a general tune and wasnt for MY bike. fun stuff! i only did the tps reset just after the swap. i didnt do a follow up one. should i?

You guys are making me want to buy an ECM for my 09 XB12R. =) How is the gas mileage after the swap? The only thing I've done to my bike so far is swap to the K&N air filter. =0)

Looks like an ECM should be my first real upgrade.

Sounds like something i would like to have on my Xb12 too. Expensive ??

my 09 12scg gets better fuel milage and runs cooler with the race ecm.cost through ebr racing is 250.00 without tune software 750.00 with software.

Wrong post *****Delete****

my mileage is about the same. idk if its good or bad but i get an average of 45 mpg. im 240lbs and like the throttle so it varies

I strongly suggest for annyone that has an '08 or newer bike to spend the money and get the EBR ECM. It's like having a whole new bike. Throttle response is through the roof and this things pulls so much harder. Like I said earlier, I don't know if the second TPS reset is needed, I just figured it couldn't hurt. After installation I noticed that there is less popping on decel and the fan does not run as much, I only hear it kick in after downshifting and coasting up to a stop. So far this is the best mod I have done.

my fan runs any time i am going faster than 15 mph. and unlike before, now it never runs after i shut it off. ebr said thats is intentional though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast