Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erik Buell Racing ECM

Hi,

I sent my stock muffler from my 2009 XB12XT to Keven Dumm (KDFabrications) and had him make a dummer out of it and it really sounds good. I also replaced the stock air filter with a K&N. My problem is that it stutters and coughs when you increase the throttle rapidly. Starting off in first gear you must rev the engine a couple of time to start off. When decelerating it backfires something awful. I was told the stock ECM would learn (close loop) and correct for the changes I had made. Well I just rode the bike for 2456 miles last week and it has learned nothing. Still has all the problems it had when I left. Before I left on my trip I ordered an EBR ECM and installed it today when I got home. There is no hesitation at all, no matter how quickly you roll the throttle on. No more backfiring and WOW the response of the throttle is great. My problem now is the bike idles at 1600 RPM, and we who have a Buell know that is a very rough RPM you don’t want to spend a lot of time in. I read on some engines you had to reset your TPS. Is this true of the XB12XT and if so, how do I accomplish this. While on my trip I rode the Dragon (Deals Gap) and the Ulysses was superb is the turn. Thanks for any help you can give.

turn ignition on then kill switch,turn throttle full open for 1 sec then full closed for 1 sec. perform this step 2 more times for a total of 3 open /closed cycles.turn key off then on and start bike. ride for 20 min between 3500 and 5000 rpms.

Pro tip:

After the 2ed key cycle when you are done, listen for the servo. You should be able to hear it open and close. That way you know if it has been done correctly.

Good luck!

Do I turn the key off between each full open and close cycle, or only on the last sequence? I think it says key on, kill switch on, and then 3 cycles of full open and close fof one second duration at each, but just want to be sure. Thank you for the help.

no just at the end.then ride it like you stole it.

Rainman64,

Correct.

Switch On, Key On, Twist 3 times (1sec hold), Key Off, Key On, Key Off, Key On, listen for servo.

:D

ive never had to cycle my key twice at the end.just key off then on then ride for new ecm.maybe my 09 is different than yours

Not sure. But the servo dosnt move untill that second key cycle.

Warning: Im not an expert. I can only speak for what works for me.

Will this work on a 03 XB9S lightning also?

No loka only on 08 and newer. 03 has to be done with ecm spy or at HD stealership.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast