Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SUPERCHARGER

been thinking of pulling the blower off my ironhead drag bike to see if i can make it work on the buell

if we could get a procharger on a buell with a little beefing up it would jump numbers up greatly and wouldnt have to worry about doin much for others mods

I still beleive in No replacement for displacment. The power of a turbo or a blower would be great, but who wants a buch of junk hangin off your bike? Adds weight, throws off the balance. These bikes where built for the twistees, If you want a drag bike, buy a ZX12 or ugly ass Busa.

Just my 2 cents.

Stopie - For any boosted setup you should cool the air. The reason it heats up is from the compression of the air. The amount of heat transferred from the exhaust on a turbo setup is a lot less then the amount generated by the gases compressing.

Someone had mentioned a ford probe turbo but that would be way too big for these engines. I did a setup on a TL1000 at my old shop years ago but I can't remember what turbo we used. I sourced it right from turbonetics though. Give them all the info on your engine and they will let you know the perfect turbo for your setup.

http://www.turbo-kits.com/sportster_turbo_kits.html

This place does turbo kits for Harley's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's, etc...

I'm sure with some small modifications they can be adapted to a Buell.

if your gona put a turbo on your bike you need to make sure you have an inter-cooler to regulate the air temperature...

No electric driven fan has so far worked on any automobile except when the testers use an external battery not connected to the engine. Soon as you use the vehicles own battery the power drops back down. The alternator draws equal power to charge the battery as it adds to the engine.

No electric driven fan has so far worked on any automobile except when the testers use an external battery not connected to the engine. Soon as you use the vehicles own battery the power drops back down. The alternator draws equal power to charge the battery as it adds to the engine.

No electric driven fan has so far worked on any automobile except when the testers use an external battery not connected to the engine. Soon as you use the vehicles own battery the power drops back down. The alternator draws equal power to charge the battery as it adds to the engine. You need pressure to get Hp and fans are bad at building pressure. An electric driver supercharger does work. But its not a radial fan...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456