Thread: Key Switch fuses keeps blowing?

The last two nights when I go for a ride 5 mins into my entire bike shuts off. I take of the seat to check the fuses and the key switch fuse is blown. Luckily enough i carry spares, but why all of the sudden does this happen? I did do any mods i.e new blinkers, I know that the key switch call for a 15a fuse do I up it to a 20a? Any advice would be great I am just scared that I may be causing serious damage if I just ignore the problem and just keep changing the fuse.

2004 Xb12s Lightning

i kept blowing fuses too, it was my run switch though, just happened one day at a taco bell in Daytona....
    when i switched it from off to run, i could hear the fuse pop, i had to take it in, but they found that i had 3 spots on my harness that were shorting out and the switch was bad, they replaced it all, only cost me $90.
    I would suck it up and take it in....
    unless you are a good electronics

Cool Thanx

just a heads up i went through the same thing recently with my brake light. check the harness where it runs up behind the fairing across the neck.

I had this same problem yesterday. It turns out that the electrical wire for the horn (under the flyscreen) were making contact with the frame. Everytime i tried to honk the horn it would blow the key switch fuse. give it a look.

My bike kept on blowing fuses every time I used the left blinker under heavy acceleration. Turned out the left-hand rear blinker wires were a bit worn on a spot touching the frame rail...

I found out what it was, a tiny little frayed wire. I little tape and it's all good.

Thanks Guys