Thread: Ecm from erikbuellracing

I recently bought an ecm for a jardine exhaust from erik buell racing. I have a 2009 xb12scg, when I switched out the exsisting ecm for the new, the idle speed jumped from 1000 to 1500. I did a tps reset, but the problem still exsists. I had a 2005 xb9sx and the idle adjustment was just behind the airscoop. How do you adjust the idle speed on the 2009 or is there something else I'm missing?

You can't adjust on the newer buell due to them being the fuel is electronically controlled. I heard of people adjusting it in emp spy but does not nwork on the new Buells. Have you emailed ebr, if not you should.

May have to take your airboxes out to where you can visually see that the butterfly valve is truly closing all the way. Some have had trouble getting a good TPS reset only to find it wasn't snapping shut all the way....just a possibility to consider.

The new stock OE and the EBR ECM's have cold start idle at 1500-1700rpm for a short time to get the oiling system pumped up and when the head temperature is below 60 degree's celsius. Does the idle return to 1050-1250 once the bike has been ridden?

^^^^^

This is exactly how my bike runs with the EBR ECM starts at around 1500 but buy the time i get to the first set of lights it idles as normal at 1050 or so

my 2010 stock xb12 ecm runs my idle the same way 1500 till its up to temp then 1050rpm .