Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: "THE PROBLEM" noone knows how to fix

I second what dave_xb12r said... In addition, you must know that Buells are at times a tinkerers delight, they have heart, soul, and are chock full of character.. they can be challenging, and yes, to the point of frustration sometimes... but to be honest, this is what develops OUR character, as troubleshooters, mechanics, and above all, as riders.. Buells are relatively simple in design, and incredibly easy to work on, you just need to use your noggin'..there is also a wealth of support and knowledge from the good people on this forum, which ultimately brings us together as Buell american motorcycle enthusiasts... sorry it didn't work out for you.

It don`t really mean 3 techs worked on the bike just becuase the shop said they did.Never trust a shop,and don`t shoot down the people trying to help.There is always at least 1 thing that always gets missed,when they went over everything 10 times.

Anyone ever figure out what this guys was talking about or if he REALLY fixed it? Or was he just saying that to end the convo.... I'm having the same problems... Three different shops.. hours on my own...

Can you maybe be more spesific as to what the bike actually do. Is it worse at idle and smoothes out above 3k RPM? Is it all the way to top end? what does it do under power? does it miss or does it rides like on a on/off switch. Does it still pull strong at 5000RPM? These things will tell you where to look. More RPM gives a stronger Voltage than low rpm. Intake is my 1st guess. Have a good look at your throttle shaft. They break often right on the bolts holding them. make sure shaft is solid. Have they looked at intake seals? Just replacing or checking them wont help. Its a crap design and needs better seals of modifying to work properly. (trust me on that one...)Draw in an extra earth wire or 2 and clean the coating of the underside of these bolts which is in contact with the earth cable as well as the surface area on the chassis. Buell coated the frame and THEN added the cabling, meaning your earth cable is nicely pressing on coated anodising instead of raw metal. same goes for the bolt holding it. When in doubt just add another earth to your chassis. Go through all the earths you can find on the bike and clean up the contact areas with sandpaper. Take it down to raw metal.

It was almost 5 years ago, hope he got it fixed by now!

I think he gave up, sounded to angry to want to listen to anyone

Dad always told me "You can't help someone who won't help themselves".

If anyone reads this looking for help, I had very similar issues with an 09 XB12Ss. The problem turned out to be corrosion on the grounds. I took a wire brush on a dremmel and polished the two grounds under the seal and the engine ground strap (didn't touch anything up front). Its a super easy and cheap thing to try before spending any money.

i had this also over Christmas break, turned out to be corrosion build up under my fuse box. wire brush and some anti corrosion spray sorted it, working great now.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910