Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "THE PROBLEM" noone knows how to fix

i have posted here before stating that my 06 xb9sx has been running "rough" (other thread)... it was huccuping, laggin throttle.. etc etc etc.. and the harley/buell shop has done absolutley EVERYTHING to the bike minus tearing down the engine and putting it back together... (cause quite frankly..im not paying a fortune to get the engine torn down and rebuilt).....

most recently i ordered a programmed race ecm offline with everyone thinking that it was the last thing we could do.. it didnt work.. so im left with a huge bill to pay and STILL a bike that doesnt run right.. i have NO IDEA what to do anymore.. anyone got anything

edit: locked other thread and posted link here to have complete history and no dubble posts

Do a TPS reset and put in new fuel and new spark plugs. If those dont work, look at your fuel pump.

done it, done it, and done it....none of those things worked... ill double check on the fuel pump,,but im for sure they already checked that too...

What RPM are you having hiccups and lagging throttle?

well the shops its at is an hour and a half away... but it runs rough ALL THE TIME now... it used to do it after 10 minutes or so of trouble free riding.. and after i took it to the shop and they started getting into it, it just got worse.. now it runs rich/rough all the time

Normally, whenever its a progressing issue, it's the fuel pump.

well im pretty sure that got checked.. but i will call them first thing in the morning..

take off the d&d pipe put your old ecm in and see if that does it.what altitude are you at.

i dont have the stock pipe... or a stock ecm... and i live in west georgia/alabama border

are stock exhaust and stock ecm's pretty inexpensive?

d&d pipe is a pain in the ass for some.i do a tps reset a few times a week it helps alot but mine is an 09.i also took some baby food lids the metal ones and played with different holes drilled in them until i got rid of my hesitation at 4300 rpm then made some stouter ones.i dont know if this will help you but it worked for me.o9 12scg d&d breather reroute open air box.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast