Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "THE PROBLEM" noone knows how to fix

Did you check for intake manifold leaks?

remove everything you put on resulting in the running rough.

also, looking at the other thread...

the buell dealer could do and should have done a tps reset.

if the d&d was already on and the previous owner said it might need a tps reset, he knew something was up!
    remove the d&d or try by opening the airbox & doing a re-route. you will need that reset, though.

if that doesn't work, remove the d&d

Not an impossible problem, you have the answer, or at least you have answers to your information and reports.

Some things just take time, patience is virtue;)

So from the other thread, mine is an 05 XB9SX. It absolutely could be the actual sensor. They said the wires leading to my TPS sensor needed to be repaired. Have them check the o2 sensor while they're at it. I really hope you get this figured out. I really love my XB!

i think i got a 03 xb9 stock muffler if you need one man pm me.

Sorry to hear about your problematic bike, baja. Seems like you and the dealer have exhausted just about every avenue.. hope you're riding again soon, but as a side note, the problem got worse after the dealer was doing some testing which makes me think of connector pins getting "opened up". Sometimes this happens and will cause intermittent problems. But if you're testing with improper tools( like a test light or something) you will actually induce problems or make them worse by opening the pins even more. Make sure all connector pins are "tight". They're pretty small, so it doesn't take much to make them open. Best of luck.!

You probabaly already checked this but this is what happened to me. My bike (05 12scg)was sputtering,hiccuping,hesatating,stalling and basically running like crap. I couldn't figure out WTF was up. I did just do the breather re-route,air-box delete and gutted my stock exhaust. So I really thought that I was doing the TPS reset wrong so I broke down and took it to the HD shop. I told them that I thought it needs a tps reset. So they called a WEEK later and said they did a TPS reset and it still runs like crap so they wanted to keep it until they figure it out. So two days latter they called and told me that the fuel injectors were bad so they wanted my permision to order the parts and do the work. Of course I gave them permision and a week later they called and said it's done and the injectors were covered under waranty. So it cost me $130 for an oil change and they fixed e chaffed wire. Anyway she ran awesome after that.

thanx yall.. there are maybe a handful of things i am goingto mention to them this morning...but literally everything that couls be checkjed rechecked... taken apart(minus engine) has been done... but i will mention a few more things... i will keep yall posted.

i called the shop.. and they have put the bike back together... because they are exhausted due to the fact they have done absolutley everything you can do to the bike (minus rebuilding the engine)...and the problem still exists... they said its either a fuel problem or electrical.. and its baffled them.. first bike in 3 years that they dont know whats directly causing my issue... so im brining the bike back. and im selling it.. the ad in on CRAIGLISTS>>> COLUMBUS, GA..search for buell... im done with it.. time to find it a new home. thanx for all your help.. but theres nothing more they or i can do for the bike.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast