Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "THE PROBLEM" noone knows how to fix

Have they checked the compression?
    We had a guy at the Buell ride bike just quit it was bad gas.
    Just a couple ideas

has anyone tuned the bike to your setup if not you could everything including replacing the engine and it still wouldnt help

unbelievable...if i was a buell tech and came across that bike, i would say that i would like to keep it with me and work on it on my own time till i solved the damn problem.

my guess is they are overlooking something simple!

did they test it with other ecm?
    did they test it with oem muffler?
    ...none of that i bet!

Is there another Harley shop around? I've got a few near me, and some are better than others. I wouldnt be surprised if you took it to a different one, and they were able to find the issue immediately. These are really simple bikes. It really shouldnt be that hard to find.

They should have put a break out box on it and tested all of the sensors, if not that shop is not set up properly to diagnose major electrical problems for harley's. If they don't have one find a shop that does!
    It is an expensive piece so not all shops have it.

I have the same problem with my 08 XB12XT. ran great for the first 8000 miles then started the death rattle that you describe. 3 trips each to two different harley / buell shops new sensores, new ecm, checked all wiring, checked throttle body for leaks. Still runs like crap. patiance is a virtue that I don't posses. next stop for me is a Lemon Law attorney.

Oh yea, Thanks for posting Baja, I was going to order the Erik Buell Racing ecm, now I know not to waste the money.

i just got my bike back from the shop.... it starts, it rides... but it still does the same thing... which i expected... everyone that is suggesting something they "possibly" didnt check.. trust me they have... they have up to 3 guys at a time working ont he bike at once troubleshooting, brainstorming.. and they have checked, rechecked, tested, and retested,, every wire, nut, plug, cable, but the issue is fuel/electrical...so they have checked everything underneath the sun .. and they have still come up empty handed.. maybe the new owner can tear it down and rebuild the engine.. maybe that will work i dont know.. but ive already got a buyer lined up.. im done with it,. its hopefully out my life on monday/tuesday.. but i will let everyone know what is wrong with it when i find out.. if it ever gets fixed..

i did not take off the d&d, i do not have a stock muffler to out on it.. or a stock ecm.. they woudl have to order them.. or i could buy them outright online somewhere... but they said that wouldnt help the issue..
    when they hook it up to there computers people... no faults...no bad codes pop up... it says everything is in working order and nothing is out of place.. so not even the help of technology can figure out the problem..
    for everyone thinking theres gotta be a solution.. yes there probably is, but BOTTOM LINE is its been there for almost 2 months, and they have racked there brains, there elbow grease, and there time and effort into trying to figure out the route of the bikes problem... and they cant find it.. numerous buell techs..harley techs.. EBR tech, even the service department manager got his hands dirty wondering why they couldnt find a cause.. whatever it is, its a headache.. and i hope noone else has to go through this problem like i have.. have fun buell riders.. but as far as buells go for me im finished with em..

kiriput.... im nto saying that the ebr race ecms are bad.,.. they know what there doing.. they know what there talking about... and there are more people that have benefited from ebr's ecms then not... so i hope im not making your decision 100% by what im writing.. imjust one guy who has experienced the most stressful problem any buell owner has probably ever encountered.. and its still there... im sure there ecms will work fine ..but the decision is ultimatley up to you.. and you can buy from whoever and wherever you want.. just wanted to put that out as well

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast