Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems?

What, if any, problems do the lightnings have in general?

The front wheel tends to loose traction under hard acceleration. They attract too much attention away from metric bikes. The price of maintenance is too low and you're left with extra cash that most likely ends up being new mods. I hate that.

Oh man that sounds terrible. I don't know if I'll be able to handle those kind of problems. I'm use to having money pits that are constantly breaking.

Well good luck because your new Buell will become a modification money pit. I know I have started molding my bikes since I unload them from the truck and it becomes a disease that can only be temporarily be cured by spending more money on what ever mod your heart desires.

Well my plan with my xb will be to leave it mostly stock with the exception of handle bars and a diy fender eliminator and leds. I'm looking at getting one to save me on gas and time getting to school and work. I have a project bike that I'll be pouring money into.

But really do the lightning or firebolts had any common problems?

Super Moderator
    They get hot. Really hot.

They frequently have misses at idle and under load when left untuned.

They often have flat spots in the powerband around 3000-4000 if left untuned.

They like to vibrate bad enough to shear bolts and rattle others loose.

That's about all that comes to mind.

I've seen alot of people talk about a hesitation issue. Again this can be eliminated with the breather mod, and proper tuning. Mine was running rich for a while causing a hesitation, and it ended up being the throttle position sensor. You can reset that yourself if you have the right cable and software. The most complicated things on these bikes are the fuel injection, and that can be tuned and adjusted with that cable and software too. On another note, I'm so stoked that Hawaii Five-o is coming back!

Alright I just want to make sure that they would make a strong dependable commuter that I will be able to use daily.

Do the 1125cr's have any other problems? Or do they have pretty much the same problems?

the biggest problem with buells is coming out of a store or when your getting gas and you have to spend 5,10,or 20 min talking to someone about it.

I use mine regularly commuting to work. About 70km round trip also ride it regularly. No issues at all. I have about 11000km on mine is just over a year. Only one fouled plug was my only issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast