Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you bought your buell?????

ok, so my first bike ever was a Blast... mostly because my dad was into Harleys at the time, and Buell was the sport bike that Harley sold. I fell in love with the Firebolt, but the parents would not get it for me at 17.
    At 18, I joined the Army and had bought a used Ducati 900SS for a few years but sold it during my first deployment. After I got out, my dad's buddy was selling his XB9R so he could get the new 1125R. I bought it complete with race exhaust and ecm for $3500. After all I had drooled over them for several years. After a year of having the 9R, I too wanted to go for a little more power, and figured the 1125R was a great fit. I love the attitude of Buells, and the fact that not many other people have them. they arent just another GSXR on the street. I may never leave the brand again...

I bought my Buell because I couldn't afford one of these . I still wouldnt mind one, but I love the hell out of my Buell.

I was tired of sportbikes and everybody having the same s**t as me. I havent met anybody down here with a Buell. Nobody knows what a Buell is either. I love it when the rich guys look at my bike and then look at theirs with dissapointment. Suckers....

1/2 PRICE !

Bought mine because I was raised around Harley's and love them to death. Saw a Buell Firebolt and instantly wanted it. Ended up with a Lightning and couldn't be happier however.

I grew up on jap bikes and when I went looking for a new one I thought I would take a look at the local Harley dealer,it was the first time I knew of Buell,I know the owner of the Harley shop and they gave me good deal on my firebolt,I bought it because it looks very sleek,no regrets.:)

I wanted something diff but great in its own way, so i startwd researching and saw a firebolt and fell in love with the mass torque idea in a bike with the best agility on the road. I could not pass it up. I hug it some times and i dont care if people are watching.:D

I was at Midohio Vintage Days in 2003, I believe it was, doing some demo rides. I was planning on buying a bike the following year and just wanted to ride a few different bikes...Was mostly interested in Ducati monster,Somewhat interested in a Triumph , and a Moto Guzzi. SO I rode all 3 of those. Throughout the day, I noticed the HD tent was basically empty, you could just walk up a test ride a bike. So I was riding Harley's with ZERO interest in buying one...Guy ask me: Have you ridden a Buell? I say "no". Not into those. They're too ****ing ugly. ANd honestly I thought anything in the HD tent was a pig that couldn't move....SO, I ride a couple, I think a 9 lightning and a 12 bolt. Was pleasantly surprised. Told the dude, Yeah, those are OK...FFWD to the next year's Vintage days...Riding demos again. Rode the Ducati's, MV Agusta, Guzzi's again. Signed up for another Buell ride. Rode a few that day, decided that I like the 9 better, and by now the look was growing on me, and generally dug the bike...ALOT. **** came up, didn't buy a new bike that year. FFWD to 2005 Demo rides. Rode some of the usual bikes I was looking at and the Buell xb9sx. I rode it 3 times that day. The last time I got off of it, guy says, well? I say. I am buying one. I love everything about this bike. SO I went to the dealer and ordered one with a race kit. Have been in love ever since. For real. I have had alot of bike in my life. NONE have more smiles under the helmet than the Buell. There were so many reasons to buy one, it was a no brainer for me and don't have a single regret 22k miles later. The little ****er even holds its own on the track. I love it. For real. If it had a snatch, I'd **** it.

I was at the harley dealer lookin for a sporster . This was in 03 . The salesman told me the sporster was a starter bike or for women . I wanted somthin quick , and didn't want a big twin . I looked over and saw a lightning . I said what is that . He told me they were more of a second bike . I came back the next day , talked to a different salesman and rode off on an 03 firebolt that was barley used . I still dont want anything else . Buell is the way I roll .

If it had a snatch, I'd **** it.
    Now there's a guy that loves his bike!!!!! LOL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast