Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on top 5 mods every buell needs

OK, how big of a RSS do i need?
    how much better does it make the buell?
    Where can i find some of these grips?
    ABS.com has a K&N air filter for 60$ is that reasonable?

And one more thing, i only have one hose going into my box and since the second hose wasnt connected i took out the little box to save some weight.

i picked up a k & n new from ebay for 52 bucks shipped. 60 is reasonable to me.

i too would like to know where to pick up a better set of grips as i have some sort of nerve damage and need all the help i can get.

i am in the market for a rss

ASB also sells the 2010 Uly RSS for like $60. I'm not sure what other grips to get.

Also, you can do a K&N alone. But keep in mind that if you plan on doing a K&N and a pipe, you also have to tune your ECM.

Can anyone suggest a larger grip... I have big hands and those little stock grips just don't cut it for me... And I do not want the big foam grips.... Thanks...

trojan horse scoops is what i have think the set was like $160

RSS, exhaust, led taillight w/integrated signals, HID's, and bar end mirrors.

Performance wise, pretty much what everyone else said, in no particular order...

exhaust
    filter
    new map
    breather
    right side scoop

Those will probably be it as far as performance mods for my bike.

I didn't notice a ton of difference on my xb9 with the breather re-route, but I've heard it does more for the 12s. I did notice my low end being a lot smoother with just the filter before I got my exhaust, so even if you don't want to do a whole exhaust and remap, just putting in a new filter(and cutting some holes in the airbox if you have an older one) will help. I did that white wire mod too, but can't say I really noticed a difference on that either.

One of the best performance mods I did was the shorty chinese levers off of ebay, but I didn't add it to the list because I'm not sure if other people have the same problem that I did. With my stock brake lever my brake was extremely jerky in stop and go traffic when I would only be using 1 finger and only going a few mph. I could only slow down lightly before the lever felt like it caught something and would just jerk the bike to a stop so I would have to use a couple fingers. When I switched to the shorty levers this problem went away completely and made a huge huge difference. If other people have noticed their front brake being jerky like that, I'd recommend a lever upgrade before just about everything above.

Other mods that have made me really like my bike more, but not because of performance...

Transparent plastics
    tail chop/cleaned up back end
    short levers
    better looking bars
    low seat(came with my bike, but added to the list because if I had bought a 9sx with the tall seat, I would've traded for the low or skyline seat right away)

Oh, and just a side note for anyone who's debating whether or not they really want a new exhaust like I was... After I put in the new air filter and cut some holes in my inner air box, I took off the outside cover and rode about 25 miles to pick up my new airbox cover while I still had the stock exhaust on, and it sounded pretty awesome. It didn't have that muffled raspy sound that the normal airbox does. I wasn't so much conscerned with having a loud exhaust on my bike, I just hated the noise coming out of the airbox and wanted a better sounding exhaust to cover it up. I bet even with the stock exhaust you could just do an airbox delete, which I assume sounds the same as my ride without the outside cover, and the bike will automatically sound a lot better without having to buy a new exhaust. Had I tried it earlier I might've skipped out on the exhaust all together, but I had already ordered it by the time I tried it. I don't know what it sounds like from far away, but when you're sitting on the bike it made the intake sound pretty much just like a new exhaust would.

These aren't in any particular order:

1. Breather Reroute
    2. More comfortable seat
    3. LED tail light
    4. Custom maps
    5. RSS

Oh yeah, I forgot about the seat! The Select Seat is one of my must have mods, too.

Is this scope big enough to make a difference?
    http://www.americansportbike.com/sho...ow/A17360.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast