Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now bike only runs for about 4 seconds then dies...

Just happened to be searching around for the CA canister information and found this thread... Looks like that should be plugged. Diagram on this thread was helpful for me earlier.

CA canister vacuum location..plug

That's a no go on the plug. I recorded a video, give me a couple minutes and I'll upload it here.

that's crazy, my bike has that same vaccum port and it's not plugged. I thought about plugging it but I never had a problem with it, I guess I will plug it when I pick it up form the dealer.

Vid is still loading, I just started the bike and let it idle, it's still surging, but not as bad, and it actually stayed running (Though the tps is still set entirely too high for how low it's idling) The weird thing is, it seems to be running excessively rich. My eyes started burning like someone was chopping up onions. Also, it kept spitting little puffs of flame up through the throttle body.

I also sprayed some deep creep(read: flammable) down by where the throttle body goes into the cylinders and it didn't make the bike rev up or die. So, I would assume, again, that that's not my major malfunction.

your symptoms sound like a vaccum leak.can you ride it?have you tried starting it and when it wants to die spray carb cleaner in it to see if it stays running.

if o2 sensor thinks the system is lean it will richen up the mixture.intake air temp sensor controls fuel also make sure its plugged back in you would have had to unplug it to get to the throttle body.

I swapped the ecm, and it seemed to ride fine for a while (few miles) then gradually got worse and worse. Now I cant even get out of my driveway with the thing. It did this with the original ecm also, so I don't think they're both bad. The intake air temp sensor was plugged in. I have an open air box mod so it's super easy for me to just pull the filter if need be. If I spray carb cleaner directly into the throttle body it idles up. But it doesn't do it if I spray anywhere else around the engine.

Here's the video of what it was doing.

EDIT: I know the TPS value is super high in ecmspy, but it wouldn't stay running that long without it.

unplug the o2 sensor an see what you get its easy to get to

Unplugged the 02 sensor and it did the same thing. Surged a bit at idle, then died after 5-10 seconds. Side note, is the video working? For some reason it's not coming up on my computer.

no video is not working.if you have ecmspy check for codes,get a reading from o2 sensor,iat sensor,tps and injector pulse width.this will help with diag.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast