Thread: Air filter cross reference

I've searched but no luck. Does anyone else besides K&N and Buell make air filters for our bikes??? Oil filter cross's into 20 other brands but no air filter. Has someone out there found something? 10K service coming and I refuse to give HD any more of my money. Razman

I just put a UNI Foam Filter in 06 firebolt. You have to buy the oil for it, but you should be able to clean and reuse. I heard there was supposed to be a drop in the amount of air let in vs. paper, but mine seemed to pick up some pull from it. Make sure to buy the oil if you get one though. Mine came un-oiled and I was stuck waiting for the oil to arrive. You can get one from Amazon I think and have it overnighted if you need it in a hurry.

A new paper filter is only like $20 or so and I don't believe anyone else makes one.

I just bought a K&N air filter for my 06' Buell XB12Scg and recently heard that i might need to reprogram my ECM or TPS to compensate for the abundance of air coming in the intake. Is this true? Does anyone know what kind of gains I will get from the new filter? I was also wandering if they need a special oil coating. And finally I was looking into getting the breather mod done as well, will i need a reset after either?

TPS reset is a good idea, of course data logging and an ECM program would be best but not critical in my opinion. As far as gains go... Nothing you would notice really, especially without a re-map of the ECM. Even with the re-map you might get a horse power or two at most.

Thanks alf... I was thinking ECM re-program might be best too because i bought the bike stock in Hawaii, then moved to lake tahoe where the ave. elevation is at aobut 7000ft. Do you think i would benifit even more from a re-program going from sea level to a oxygen poor environment?

piper cross i put one on mine i ran bad so i had to send my ecm back to ebr to get reflashed. but the piper cross i guess gains the air flow that the k&n but filters the air better.