Thread: Loose Exhaust

For the last week I kept hearing a ticking sound once my bike warmed up. Sounded like an exhaust leak so I tightened the header to the engine bolts to 30 ft pounds. I got a lot of rotation out of those two bolts and I went back and forth about 3 times and finally got them snugged up. This is only for the bolts I could reach on the front side of the bike.

I'm concerned if there is a gasket that crushes when you torque the bolts if there is did the exhaust leaking damage the gasket at all?

I took the seat off and had a look at the other side and I just can't figure out how to get a socket on those to check them. Does any know how to reach the header bolts on the inside pipe?

Went out riding today and things have gotten worse. Couple things I can think of the exhaust gasket is bad and is leaking even when tightened, the rear exhaust needs to be tightened, or there is another problem I do not know of.

Header studs could have broken in the rear this happened to me this week, only mine is the front ones. Don't ride with blowby as if yo do have cold air coming back in you can warp your heads.

How can I make my buell 9 louder, I took my exhaust out and It is really loud but we all know its elegal and can damage my bike, but cant really expend 1000 dollars on exhaust baby on the way can you guys help me

It wont take 1000 dollars to get exhaust. Look on ebay. The is a jardine there for $150 right now

Little embarrassing to say this but I changed the oil and that fixed the problem I must have been a little low.