Thread: no spark

Just got done putting my xb9sx back together after having the motor out. go to start it and i got no spark ( i just new it wasnt gonna start). ive been checking over everything and i didn't miss any plugs everything looks good. The bike has good power. the lights work fine fuel pump primes and it cranks over fine. its definitly getting gas cause i can smell it and i also just replaced the plugs. I just noticed tonight that if i push down on the plugs (either one) that go into the ecm with the key on and set to run the fuel pump will prime again everytime u push in on it. so its sounding like a loose conection or something but i cant find anything. I know it could be a million things but does anybody got any ideas. o yea i almost forgot i got my tester out and the plug going to the coil is getting power only to the middle pin, is that correct?

i just went through this same thing with my bike. My problem ended up being the cam sensor. I would check the coil itself, in the service manual there is a page on how to check the coil. I would try the easy stuff first.

how exactly do u check the coil? i dont have a service manual. and what about the cam sensor, how did u know that was bad and how do u check it? thanks