Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buell value

Has anyone been watching the value of our bikes starting increase lately? I've watched mine increase a couple hundred in past couple of months.

I havent been interested in selling so I havent been waching prices.

Well because of my lawsuit with harley I have had to keep abreast of the bikes value.

Ya, Since I've been in the market for 3 or 4 years and recently just got mine (screaming deal, 2006 XB9SX with 2100 miles for $2800), I watched the treand take a complete nose dive (due to dealers unloading these bikes 2 for 1 deals) and stay low for a while. I have notice a small increase now lately though and hope it keeps going up. Eventually they will be pretty high because they are no longer being produced I would think (many many years later).

~Mike......

Its just nice to know that i am no longer upside down on my loan to value anymore.

Lately I've noticed the same couple Buells popping up over and over on craigslist, so it looks like people around here are having a tough time selling them. Someday I would like to sell my 9 only to pick up a 12, but aside from that I'm not too concerned with the resale. Even well the resale/upgrade from a 9 to a 12, I would assume the price of the two bikes would both be pretty consistent.

The one thing I have noticed is people wanting a lot of money for tubers. I usually see higher prices on 96-02 Buells with 18k+ miles than I do on 2004+ xb12s with less than 10k miles. I think the older ones will be more of collectors items though. I personally like the tubers more than XBs, but definitely see the benefits in owning an XB for the long term, as far as maintenance, parts, and reliability compared to the older models, so that's what I bought.

yea i originally fell in love with the tubers but i like the seat height of xbscg

@ Squatty, I have a super LTV on my 09 XB12Sss. ZERO!
    I just wish my timing was better. I bought it,cash,6 months before the crash. So I immediately lost about $4K of real value. But my annual property tax has not been adjusted accordingly because the book has never been adjusted down.

NADA says mine is still "average retail value" of $6680.
    Sorry, but no way I can sell it for that now when a brand new 2010 sold for less than that just 6 months ago.

my propety value actually went up so now i get to pay more taxes in a couple of months.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast