First time posting round these parts so Hi from England. Could do with some advice.

I've owned a Hero Blue '04 9SX for a few years now and never been totally happy with it mainly because at 5'6" I find it a bit tall for commuting on. Never dropped it but that's more luck than anything.

I put some CRG levers and a Muller clutch kit which improved ergonomics, drilled the airbox and that's all to date apart from the dealer supplied a low seat when I bought it (standard 9S I think) rather than the original high seat. I've backed off the preload to get more sag but that's not ideal really at 70kg naked.

It's just not comfortable though, making my hips ache with this seat setup.

Rather than sell it which I am contemplating is there much I can do to drop the forks a little and I read there might be a collar for the standard rear shock?

I like the bike in so many ways for those odd blasts on a nice day but just don't ride it often as the height and comfort combined are a hassle.

Looks like the bars will interfere with the forks if moved much and probably only a 5mm tolerance anyway.

Any suggestions to improve seat comfort and or at least drop the rear end a bit would be welcome.:)