Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: full fairing kits

Sorry if this horse has already been beat'n. Im trying to help my freind find a good fairing kit for his 1125r and havnt had much luck.....so Im asking for yall's help. I would love to see pics of bikes with a full kit (sides and belly pan) and a description of who it is from how easy/hard it was to install and if no one minds telling.......how much you paid.

Here is a Previous Post that has some pics and opinions. I ended up getting the stock fairings and am happy. I have not had any issues (yet) with hot spots or melting as discussed but I took my time installing and added some spacers to provide more stand-off for the brackets at a couple of locations. You can also bend/shape the brackets some to acheive this also.

Here is a pretty good youtube of the bracket locations.

Have the factory fairing no belly Pan yet but ebr offers them
    [img]null[/img]

Catalyst composites sells a true full fairing

http://www.catalystracingcomposites.com/

It comes un-painted and not pre-drilled.Judging from the website, a whole set would cost $550, but then you need to paint, get hardware, drill ETC... I do not own a set, I, like the others on here, have the buell fairing lowers w/o belly pan.

the fairings you see above run about $500, come painted black, and complete with all mounting hardware and instructions. you can find those at www.americansportbike.com You can also find a bellypan for sale through EBR.com for $180...

just a few places... I am sure that they can be found elsewhere as well.

so the factory side fairings only come in black? my buddys bike is red so he would still need paint.

This ebay seller has them as cheap as I have seen them. I paid $375 for mine through Rossmyers in Daytona.
    I have never seen them in anything but black.

They are only sold in black to my knowledge, but I assumed that was because the 2008 model was only made in black. it wasnt until the 2009 and later models were built that other colors were utilized. The prices I gave were MSRP... I am not at all saying that is the only price that you can find them for.

Here is my Catalyst Racing Composites fairing kit. For Upper, Lower, Fender, Airbox Cover it was roughly 800 bucks I believe? The prep on the body work isnt that great but I had State Farm buy me the 1000 dollar paint job which fixed the prep work's shortcomings. I am completely pleased, and if you need more specific for whats involved let me know cause its NOT an easy install.

Catalyst Composites had the best kit in my opinion... judge for yourself...

Redliner...
    it took twenty minutes to install the kit after the holes were ready and most of that was fighting the Dzues fasteners in the tight area around the pipes! All of the dimples were exactly right on mine and the hardest part was trying not to scratch the bellypan installing it by myself...even easier to inst. with a factory pipe still in place. Maybe our definitions of difficult are different...I am a professional jet mechanic, but I really did find it very easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast