Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how many people have issues with 09 1125's?

Hello, I'm pretty new here and looking into getting a buell. There's an 09 1125cr at my local dealer I've been looking at but I've been reading about all the electrical issues people have been having. I'm not sure If I should go with the 1125 or an xb12. So I guess my question is this, is it mainly 08's that have issues or all 1125's?

The answer to your question is, all year models share the similar problems, but not every bike has problems. I put 6400 miles on my first CR without any issues, and I have 2500 miles on my current CR without any issues. Not to mention there are little quirks with the XB12.

I have a 09 with a stator problem, it went 4400 miles before I had any problems. They will get it ironed out, it just takes time.

The CR is a bad ass machine I wouldnt hesitate at all. U will like either one though.

09 1125R- Leaking clutch slave actuator at around 2000 miles. It was repaired under warranty. A lot of folks are experiencing long wait times for parts when the bike is in for repair. This is something you need to learn to put up with to own these bikes.

+1 Boss, mine has been in for over 3 weeks now.

I'm experiencing long wait times for parts as well. Since I purchased my bike in Dec my bike has been in the shop over forty days total for five different maintenance issues. My bike is in the shop now (two weeks tomorrow) for a bad stator that went out just before 4000 miles.

I've had it with the HD dealership and shouldn't have the bike for more than a couple of months as it qualifies as a lemon at this point and I've already retained an attorney.

The bike runs like a son of a bitch when it works but it's hard to promote when you're waiting on the side of the road for a tow truck (which I had to do.)

By the way, I'll have a barely used FMF pipe and K&N airfilter for sale very soon.

My 09 CR has a weeping clutch, which is one of two main issues that alot of owners have. The other is the stator/regulator. I have not yet had an issue with the charging system but I had the stealership order the harness upgrade so they can do that at the same time they fix my clutch. Bright side to the weeping clutch is that the dealership went ahead and ordered the parts without taking the bike in so I can still ride it as the weep is not extreme and is harmless.

I am willing to deal with these issues. It is a good trade off in my opinion to have and ride the 1125. It is truly an awesome machine. Hopefully, once these issues are fixed they will be problem free. The XB's in the early years had quite a few problems that needed ironed out too.

i dont know if my 08r has had all the check ups or the previous owner took care of all the bugs but ive own it without any problems for the last 2000 miles.

08's don't have many issue's
    my 2009 has needed a voltage regulator which took a week to get in but i had the bike.
    I have 9kish on it the power is awsome and great fun to ride.
    Stator's and regulators seem to be common even post recall's
    I have a theory that the white 1125's where early 2009 builds and seem to have a ton of issues.
    My 05 xb9 has been a great and ultra reliable bike but my gf has since taken it over

i own both an 09 xb12r (have oned 5 in total - both xbs and xbr) and i own a 09 CR.

if you want to ensure a reliable bike then teh xb is it. it has proven itself and is just awesome fun. i have never had issues with any of mine.

saying that the CR is freaking awesome. power and more power. totally different feel to the xb.

if you want veetwin water cooled power then you will have to deal with the few issues. my CR is weeping from the clutch at present. 2700klms old. but it is freaking awesome. it will get sorted though.

if you want a fun piece of kit that is both a great cruiie poser bike and a corner scratcher, then the xb is your calling.

either way, you will have fun!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast