Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many people have issues with 09 1125's?

mine is in the shop for the vss and a weeping water pump,,,,,,,,,still think its the coolest bike :D

How are these various "weeping" issues typically resolved? Is it just a gasket problem, or something more complex?

the water pump issue is being resolved with an inner shaft seal ( motor had to be rotated ) to get at the valve cover (timming chain) it was to take 3hrs and has turned into leaving the bike for a couple of days,also the vss , has also turned into longer than the shop manual time .Warranty is a cool thing!!!The repairs are to be done some time today!

My 09 1125cr has developed a knock from inside the front fork legs, it has been with the numpties at my local Harley dealership for the past 5 weeks, they claim to have fitted a new right hand leg though I can hear no improvement HELP

09CR,4200miles, just had the stator and VR replaced under warranty. It took 7 business days, not too bad compared to other guys repairs. My local dealer is keeping an 09 stator, VR in stock. I'm hoping they get this problem figured out because this is a really unique machine. I'm not convinced that the harness upgrade is the right way to fix this. So far 500miles on the repair with no other problems. Too bad the weather is forcing me to put the bike away for the winter. Upstate NY is starting to get cold, bummer.

My CR has 3.4K miles on it and is relatively trouble free except for a failed water pump. I'm keeping an eye on the weeping issue and of course the Stator problem. Otherwise the bike is a hellava fun ride. I bought it as a second bike to use when I want to go longer distances in more comfort. My other two bikes are Ducatis.

I would not hesitate to buy the CR again, even with the current mechanical issues.

23,000 miles on my 2008 1125R and rode like a dream.......Till someone in a car forced me off the road and is currently in the 'total' process of insurance.

I just ordered the EBR Rotor mod, crankshaft tool, gaskets, Voltage regulator, etc. to do my charging system upgrade. Need to get some Amsoil and filter today. Im still looking for the Alternator/ Rotor Removal Tool they mention in the service manual. Tool# B-48857.

Ebr has crank tool or check out twin motorcycles in the Netherlands also have large range of buell parts....

Haha question should of asked how many people have not had a problem!
    I wouldn't trade my problem prone bike..A bike without problems lack character!
    :0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast