Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Figured out whats wrong with America.

Many of the things listed are highly subjective and, therefore, hard to judge. This leads to the necessity of tolerating others even when we think they're all ****tards. I happen to think most people are ****tards, especially those leading this great nation.....but this nation is great because those ****tards can express themselves openly without fear of getting a bullet in the head. If we don't like what's going on, we pull the trigger with our votes.

An imperfect system - I will certainly agree there, but you enjoy more freedoms than most of this planet.....and, yes, it does come at the cost of putting up with ****tards.

I don't believe there are any absolute truths when it comes to politics, race, or ethnic views.....but I do feel religious views are a bit different. I just don't see any way that every religion can be true, especially since so many of them are mutually exclusive. Perhaps that makes me a ****tard.

At least I'm a ****tard that repsects your right to have a differing viewpoint. That's more than I can say for many internet commandos.

I think I connect with the intent of your post - I'm equally frustrated with the state of this great nation and it's population of selfish, intolerant ****tards. I think it all starts with the lack of strong families and common courtesy....then again, as previously mentioned....I'm just a ****tard.

^ well said

The point of the original post is to just know that what you do effects others and its your choice if those effects are positive or negative. Like moving over or slowing down so the car coming onto the freeway can merge. Letting the person behind you in line at the store go around because they only have two items and you have a basket full. Hold the door for someone or let someone else go first. It does not matter what your beliefs are, you have the rights to those beliefs or opinions just respect the fact the other people may not feel the same way. If everyone did this this country would be a ****ing utopia.

And Kalifornia, Im not saying let people walk all over us or not be vigilant to the threat of terrorism but dont strip us of all our freedoms because of a knee jerk reaction to fear. Thats what they want and every time we lose some freedom they win a small victory.

imo respect is the most important thing there is.even if people dislike each other they can still have respect for each other.like you said gator hold a door open,dont block an intersection,thank you is way under used,you get a ticket you more than likely deserved it be polite hes only doing his job,a homeless person is not a piece of trash you dont know his story,im 43 years old been all around the US and to 8 different countrys and regardless of race,religion and politics for the most part we are all the same we want to enjoy our lives,are children to be happy and that they do better than we did,we want to love and share our lives with someone.race,religion,politics and social standing is just white noise in our lives.

Gator, I completely agree with your second post. In fact, my wife hears those same comments coming out of my mouth on a regular basis.....

The supply of common decency and common sense seems to have dwindled since the days of yore and people seem to be preoccupied with ensuring their own comfort that they disregard everyone around them.

I make an effort to open the door for others, allow cars in when merging, and all the other stuff thinking that I can make a difference.....I find myself furious at the ****tard who utilizes the hazard pull over area to fly past a line of cars patiently waiting for something......perhaps it's beyond furious....insane may be a better description.

I wish everyone played nice and respected the rules....unfortunately not everyone does. That applies in this country and every other one.

I have a much better understanding of where you're coming from and appreciate you taking the time to clarify. I still think many of these issues could be solved with a strong family unit (with the parents unafraid of setting their children straight when they step out of line instead of trying to be their best friend) and a healthy boost of values (taught at the family and reinforced by society through interactions at school, workplace, etc.) Unfortunately, society has taken to blaming everyone else for shortcomings that no one is held accountable for anything. Not the parents' fault, not the teachers' fault, and most importantly - it's not little Jimmy's fault....I mean, how could a 14 year old every discern between right and wrong??

I have been calling it the pansification of the greatest nation this world has ever known....we have neutered our values in the name of political correctness and it will be our ultimate downfall.....but that gets me started into the religious and political realms which I dare not go into.

damnit i'll stop selling catastrophe insurance for 2012

lol i guess some people would probably buy end of world insurance.

agree with the whole ****tard rant with only 1 problem... realistically it's more like 2 out of 3 people are ****tards. maybe thats just in NJ :(

lol. Now I'm just wondering what the story behind the rant is.

There is an issue with the argument though and it's human nature. Everyone will have intolerance of someone or something else, no matter who, no matter what. It's just something that will never go away.

I think the U.S. is one of the most tolerate places on Earth. We don't stone Gays and hookers. We can abort kids. We can Worship whoever or whatever we want. Men can Marry Men. etc. etc. I don't see a lack of tolerance as a problem. Correct me if Im wrong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast