Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new xb12s.

Ive been saving up for a while now for a Buell since selling my ninja 500, and I just picked up a 2004 xb12s with 17k miles that needs some work. Chassis wise its great, but the motor has a nasty sounding knock. The good thing is that because of this knock I was able to pick up the bike for $1,000. Fortunately the bike also came with a Race pipe, which is an awesome bonus. Good thing about the price I got the bike for is that Ive got quite a bit left to play with now, and an awesome project for the winter.

The current plan is to buy a good used motor to swap straight into it, then take my time and build the current motor over the next few years. When I do build the motor I may go forged low compression for boost, but that's the future. All I want for now is to get the bike running in stock form well for spring, so I have a few months.

Here are a few terrible Iphone pics I have for now, I do plan to take some real pictures and create a build thread of some kind once I make some real progress.

sick bro!!! great buy!! and the rubber looks new! you are going to have a great time with that. if you want to trade for an 03 xb9s in running condition with 16500 on the odo let me know

Yeah it has brand new rubber front and rear, new throttle handle, new belt, as well as a new front and rear brake rotor and pads.

droolmonkey, where are you located? If you were close I would consider it, otherwise no thanks as I'm already in love with this bike even though I've never ridden it.

I live in glorious New Mexico btw, if anyone wants to get together to ride in the spring!

Great bike FireinXB

Crazy profitable price!!! :)

Sounds like you have payed only for a Race Muffler with new tires and belt :D;) AND THE BIKE YOU GOT FOR FREE:D:D:D
    Really glad for ya! That's why I like America!

Where is the front fender?
    Here are a few terrible Iphone pics I have for now
    Enough to see the best deal I've ever heard!

Best of luck with the repair and do that Winter Project thread. Keep us posted!

The good thing about these bikes is that they are ez to work on and fix. I'd just fix the engine that you have. good deal btw! I like it better with out the front fender but that is just me.

Amazing deal, that's a great looking bike. Someone was just selling a motor on here but I think it was an xb9. You shouldn't have a problem finding a new motor for $1000-1500 though, and you'll be in business. There really aren't all that many build threads on here so it would be great to see what you were working on over winter.

It would kill me to get a bike and only be able to stare at it for months, so hopefully the repairs go quickly.

Haha, my brother has an 2007 xb12r so I can still get my Buell fix while my bike is down. The snow is going to roll in here within a month and I wont be thinking about motorcycles as much anymore, because ill be busy snowboarding on the daily.

As for fixing the motor vs swapping in a new one, I like the idea of swapping in a good running motor right away so I can take my time to rebuild the current one. I have no experience rebuilding these motors, although my father does as he was a HD mechanic for years.

I already located several reasonably priced motors on ebay and buellsterparts. I'm not ****ing around and WILL have this thing raging before spring.

And for fun I included a picture of my brother 07 'bolt.

Hi FireinXB,

Does your brother takes part in this forum?
    Or he has time for riding only ;)

Nice Firebolt by the way . If I am not mistaken the bike has a modded Double Bubble wind screen (or some different brand) and the Handle Grips mod.

Yeah my brothers on this forum. His name is jakexb12r, the windscreen is a "touring" windscreen from zero gravity.

The bike now has a standard black windscreen and bar end mirrors on it.

Thanks for your reply, FireinXB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast