Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bomber Fab Stainless Headers!!!

Well that's why I was asking because they don't really even look different from stock
    Have you ever looked at stock buell headers before?

Bomber's are different, the front pipe is out and back, then down to get an equal length.

Ya actually I have...everytime I get on my bike....they are almost identical. I know they have a little different curve on the top tube but who is gonna notice that? if the bike wasn't parked next to another Buell nobody would know the difference especially if they were both ceramic coated or wrapped

Make me a set of these and I will give you the $700 you are asking.
    I second that. Hell if anybody knows how to make that muffler and everything I want it. Sounds sexy as hell in the vids.

BUT, i respect the craftsmanship and the more options for Buell aftermarket parts!
    Burton, my man I have nothing but to agree with you

+1

Bajabomber78 headers remind me a euro version of Buell XB Headers

Though Bajabomber78 product DOES look DEFINITELY more custom and better. So it deserves a respect and a REP POINT!!!!
    $ 700 is not cheap for sure but it is a custom product and the material and labour (welds) quality seems to be very good .

To have Headers which look definitely different and custom you could buy Free Spirits Equal Length Headers but you will pay probably "a bit" more.

Free Spirits Headers Not sure if they produce it or just sell it.

The outcome:
    Frankly speaking I like Free Spirits Headers more as to the way it looks. No offence Bayabomber87.Your job is great!
    However taking into account the PRICE of both Headers, I would better have the OEM Headers ceramic coated and leave it on my Buell ;) Sure if I had one
    :D:D:D

BTW OEM Headers leave more useful space for aftermarket RIGHT SIDE AIR SCOOP installation which to my oppinion is a very important Upgrade.

Just not worth the time, mild steel is a pain to tig as well. SS is so much cleaner.
    IMO mild steel is the same if not easier than stainless. Not bashing just sharing experience, if it's what the guys want and would drop the price substantially it might be worth a go. Just my .02

If my memory is correct Baja already tried doing this with mild steel for $350 and everyone bashed him for that and told him to do stainless. Well now he has and its a great product. In my opinion the price is spot on for someone doing all this work by hand by himself. If you can find a lower priced set of ss headers then go ahead and get them but I doubt you will. Im all for hooking up a friend and Im under the assumption that everyone is trying to get a lower price because were all buellxb buddies and whatnot, but he shouldnt lower his prices at all. Enough with the rant though, Baja the product is awesome and I would love to buy one if it wasnt for the fact im in Iraq. Keep up the great work!

Well it sounds like we have some beggers trying to be choosers. I didn't know he already tried that. Either I wasn't bashing. Good looking product baja, I know how expensive materials and labor can be since I am a fabber myself.

I'd like to know where to get the part that goes into the head. I know you can buy the circlip and outer flange from ASB, but have never seen the part that gets welded to the tubing. I know where the rest of the stainless came from, if it's grade 1 tubing, either SPD Exhaust or Burns would be the place.

Well that's why I was asking because they don't really even look different from stock besides the fact that it looks like you welded 12 pieces together instead of one smooth pipe....in my honest opinion if you want to get $700 you better do something that looks more custom.
    Well without hundreds of thousands of dollars for a badass mandrel tube bender, I cannot produce a 1 piece header, so they have to be multiple pieces, sorry.

Like I stated in the original post, I don't make one set design, I can build to suit.

Make me a set of these and I will give you the $700 you are asking.
    It could be done, but I doubt at $700 dollars, that's some large tubing...larger the tubing, the more expensive the bends cost, never mind the fact I'd hate to have a header that close to the belt. If you are interested in something that big and that design, let me know.

BTW OEM Headers leave more useful space for aftermarket RIGHT SIDE AIR SCOOP installation which to my oppinion is a very important Upgrade.
    100% true, but you could build a set of headers to clear a RSS.

IMO mild steel is the same if not easier than stainless. Not bashing just sharing experience, if it's what the guys want and would drop the price substantially it might be worth a go. Just my .02
    True to an extent, I've just noticed that some mild steel will have impurities in it compared to stainless which pretty much wont unless you embedded something into it yourself (during cutting/grinding), as you know, one little piece of crap can ruin a nice looking weld.

I'd like to know where to get the part that goes into the head. I know you can buy the circlip and outer flange from ASB, but have never seen the part that gets welded to the tubing. I know where the rest of the stainless came from, if it's grade 1 tubing, either SPD Exhaust or Burns would be the place.
    I make it myself. My bends come from Summit Racing, Cone Eng., super tight half donuts from some ricer company in Southern California, then misc. stainless from a local fab shop. SPD is another good place to get pieces, just haven't used them yet.

These are pics of my headers I built for my bike.

want

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast