Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: older buell handling questions...

i am toying with the idea of getting an older buell. i was wondering how the handling of the older models is compared to the firebolt. i am not the most aggresive rider out there, but i did really enjoy the way the firebolt would carve the roads up.

nobody yet? wow!

Not many tubers here, but I am one.
    I have an 98 S3 and have worn the sole edge off two pair of boots. Not as flickable as an XB but still fun and a ton easier to work on.
    Decent tires make a helluva difference.
    hope that helps

Tuber here... but really cant compare to and XB... i test rode a new 03 XB9R back in 03, but that was the only time i rode an XB... have always wanted one, and was going to buy one until i found the X1 I have now. I love old tubers, for my riding style it handles great and is extremely easy to work on. Ill never part with my tuber.

thanks guys. i have been around quite a while, and i dont believe i have seen this subject discussed before.

i got a 99 s3 and i wont get rid of this bike! they dont look the best but i have had mine since 04. there are a few things i would change if i had the money, other than that just turn key and twist it. i have 28,000 miles on it now and i got it with 12k, and my miles have been hard and wide open!

I wasn't as confident on my S1 compared to my Scg, but it seemed to handle just fine. I eventually traded the S1 for something completely different, for it seemed that my XB was just an enhanced version of a tuber, and there wasn't enough difference between the two to keep them both. But if I had the money, I would have a S1W in my stable.

I dig my 2000 m2, its the funnest motorcycle I have ever ridden. I cant compare to newer buells as I am a harley and apes type guy but have totally fell in love with my tuber

I havea 98 s3t they're fantastic to ride mate fantastic on a par with my 99 Ducati 900ss

Still have my'97 M-2 and I won't get rid of it. Purchased a 1125R during the sale. I love the power of the 1125 but the torque comes right off idle on the tuber. Both are different but they are an abosolutely fun to ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast