Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: older buell handling questions...

I have a 00 M2. Updated Penske suspension with sticky Dunlops. I will never part with my tuber, solid handler. Basic dirt track mods for the 1203 Thunderstorm mill and a pipe, your ready to take on any other twin out there.

I have a 02 m2 cyclone and a 1125r, i prefer to ride my old tuber as it has character and will still pull 220k a hour its done over 90000ks now ,it handels great and still gives the jap bikes a hard time . well the 1125r is another story..

I love my 01 x1, I ride it hard throw it into corners, ride the piss out of it put 10,000 miles this summer. wore through 3 rear tires and one front . The x1 keeps on surprising me every time i rip twisties . I can out corner all the rice bikes I ride with. Overall, I love it. someday when i have some more money I will pick up a 1125 cr but i will always keep my x1, great bike !!

my best friend has an X1 and i ride a 9R. We've traded bikes a few times, the tuber was a fun bike, but i felt like my 9R was easier and better to ride....with that being said the x1 didnt do anything "bad" it was just different compared to my firebolt

Tubers are my fav of all the Buells. If you ride a bike like you do a car, I am talking every day for going to work, running around and the like it is real world experience day in and day out. 99+ percent of the time it is go stop turn and repeat. You use torque and flicking day in and day in real world many times a day. The amount of time spent at extreme angles, full acceleration or extreme stopping is less than 1% of the time. Sure there are other faster bikes, bikes that turn more stable and stop faster but for my money there is no funner bike to own. They are easy to modify should you want more performance but those modifications are not often used but nice to have.

I have a '99 X1, an '03 XB9S, and an '06 XB12X

The XBs certainly handle better and are more refined. The X1 handles great as well...but it take a little more effort. I feel like I have to push it into the corners more, whereas the XBs (especially the Lightning) just fall into them.

The tubers have character like nothin else. I love all 3 bikes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12