Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: needing a better tire

Third for the Diablos, and that is what come stock on 07 buells, so your dealer is full of it if they say they can't get them.

i have Dunlop Qualifiers and i love them. they Warm up fast, and are pretty wide compared to a 208-which i did not care for looks wise (being too narrow). the handling on the 208 was quick, but they did not warm up fast, wich can scare the **** out of ya in a hurry if your not too careful

i have an 07 firebolt came std with diablo's seem to be great ,then after a day at the drags i changed to a conti attack 190 seems great cheers matt

I'm on my second set of Michelin Pilot Powers, second set, because I liked them enough to cough up the money for em. I put about 12000 miles (most were highway, and yes 12 thousand) miles on my first set, and also 90-100 laps at JenningsGP in Florida. They were still great for the first three days after the TrackDay, and then they started to powder up, and break loose. My Second set has about 2000 miles on them, 50% highway, 50% aggressive/high lean angle riding, and have the same contour as the day I bought them.

The Michelins will cup a bit on the front tire after 6k miles , but thats due to the rake angle of the forks. Unfortunately, you'll never be able to escape lunched front tires after high mileage, unless you consistently lean the bike to 1/4-1/3" from the shoulder of the tire.

Also rider style greatly increases/descrease life of your tires, but I believe the dual compound makes a massive difference when it comes being a sportbike/cornering tire, or a highway squared off cruiser tire.

*puts away soapbox*

-EDIT-

Forgot to mention have gone from the 180/55-17 to the 190/50-17; for the sole purpose of greater tread contact in the corners. I've actually been able to use the last 1/4" of front tire tread on either shoulder!!

I put the Perelli Diablo strata's on my 03 XB9R and they are great. They are made for long life but with great traction. They are holding up great to hard use. I believe the newest ones have dual compounds with hard rubber in the middle and soft sticky rubber on the outer edges for cornering. Compared to the stock Dunlops, they are far better. They Dunlops chunk and rip.

I run metzler sportec funny thing is the new tires the diablo has the same exact profile as dare I say the sportecs same case winding and compounds and wear profile last but not least they are the same company.if you get them for less buy them!

xb12Rider---Did you get your GED because you English is terrible. Tire good, bike fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12