Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: odd-doesnt seem right

i have a 07xb12scg. the fan to cool the motor comes on AFTER i shut the bike off.... and it will only come on while riding if the bike is extremly hot. is it normal and if it is... why? why would the fan need to cool the motor After shutdown?

Thats when the motor gets its hottest.....its just sitting there with no moving air to cool it......so the fan will cycle on for a moment to help cool the motor.

Completely normal...reasons why, I don't know.

What Freak said... the bike warms up after shut down due to lack of oncoming air cooling it. the bike is not liquid cooled, so therefore the fan needs to cool the oil down when the bike shuts off. It is completely normal... kind of annoying if you just bought your first Buell, but you will get used to it. one of it's many defining characteristics that we love so much.

The rear cylinder being tucked away under everything gets warmer than the front...so the fan kinda evens things out.

There is a re flash for the ecm right now that changes the way the fan runs. It makes it so it runs all the time above like..14mph or something. Keeps the bike cooler and helps alot with gas mileage.

its just weird because even when im sitting still for a little it doesnt turn on, but as soon as the bike it put into the off position it turns on 9 times out of 10

Buy a right side air scoop.:D

Everyone used to always complain about the fan, but after I got my XB I never really noticed it ever. I have the right side scoop now, but don't remember it being an issue before that either.

I didn't think about it being so hot after the air flow stops though. Makes perfect sense though. I can bicycle home from work and be perfectly fine in 80-90 degree weather when I'm moving, but as soon as I get home and go inside and don't have the air blowing on my is by far the worst time, even with the air conditioning.

What years does the reflash for the fan work on?
    I have an 08.
    Does it change anything else?
    What does it cost to have it flashed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast