Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Customize a stock race pipe?

So I took my stock overweight race pipe off in favor of a homemade eardrum destroyer. It's a real ringer for sure, but I get this suspicion that I'll get a fix it ticket here in the near future for my db levels. So what can be done to the quite overweight race pipe? I notice it's not riveted together like most pipes... Cut open, gut, pack and rivet back together?
    Or is the race pipe so super awesome from the factory that it's not something worth tampering with...I'm looking to get a bit more of that Harley rumble out of it, but don't want my neighbors to think I'm the biggest asshole on the block...

Trade it to me :D as I already have a modified Race pipe, ceramic coated, chopped, J style internal pipe, I am looking to go back to the stock race pipe, here is a sound clip and a few pics.

Modified Race Pipe

So what did you modify inside? And looks like you chopped about 8in off of it. Mine has some dents in the belly of it. :(

Btw, I am confused by the pipe situation. Many folk have asked me if I lost power with my new pipe, as it is basically a piece of pipe off the header. But I think I gained some low end power... The only block in the new pipe is a "torque plate" its in the bend and it restricts about half the airflow in that one place. Would that be enough to help the backpressure and give me the power I believe I gained? Or am I bleeding out my ears and dazed into believing I have more power now?

It is chopped about 8" as you can see and instead of a wrapped perforated pipe, I moved the packing into the nose and have a "J" shaped pipe inside to even out the back pressure a little but not effect the sound.

Here is a pic of it in the works, rough, but in the works, everything was smoothed out and cleaned up, as you can see in the pics above.

PM sent

So your modded pipe doesn't use the rear brackets? No oil line thru the bracket BS?

Correct just uses the front strap. It is short enough to only need the one strap.

Super Moderator
    I don't want to be a dick and ruin a trade for xtreme, but even with a few dents your race pipe is worth quite a bit of money. I would suggest you see what you can get selling it before you commit to trading it straight across for what is basically just a modified stock exhaust (since all the internals have been changed from the original race design). I think you'd be losing out on the deal by quite a large margin.

Now why would you cock block like that? If the OP wants to trade xtreme then let him. Do you have any intrest in buying the race pipe at ebay biding prices? If not back off and let these 2 handle buisness.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast