Thread: Exhaust install instructions

I apologize if this is somewhere else or if it is in the wrong place. I need to get instructions on how to re-install the stock exhaust on my 07 XB9SX. The original owner put a Harley pipe on the bike and it is ugly and way too loud for me. Plus I cannot install the chin spoiler on the bike and I really want to have it on (looks!!) if anyone can help I would really appreciate it, I am hoping to do it tonight. Here in Victoria it is still riding weather!!!

click on the BUELL service manuals link just under the BUELLXB.com banner at the top of this page. it is in it.
    or get the service manual book , from buellparts.net or ASB or
    e-bay.

^^^ good advice^^^
    Hopefully the PO gave you all the brackets and clamps required to hang your stock pipe too. Once you get the current pipe off, you can get up under there and see where the brackets are hung to attach the pipe. The big aluminum bracket (rear) requires you to disconnect the oil line to route it through the stand-off bracket. That gets two strap clamps and the smaller, single clamp goes in the front. Notice it has a small bracket that is attached to the bottom of the bike. Here is a pic of all the hardware from an ebay auction that is up now if you need them. Item number: 150512412514

How about a pic of the pipe on there now. Might be something we are interested in.;)

It is really ugly!! I will take a pic before I take it off. Luckily she kept all of the original stuff, she is actually a licensed harley/buell mechanic at trev deeley in Vancouver, BC