Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Rex stands

I've been looking to purchace a set of stands and don't really know which way to go. Was looking at lockharts stands but have heard nothing good about them so they're outa the question. Pit Bull I know are good but a little pricey. So this leads me to T-Rex. Just looked at their site but not sure which ones to buy. Looking for front and rear set. What is everyone useing on here? Any help be greatly appreciated. Like what model type size... etc. Thanks If I'm wasting my time with any others then what pit bull stands should I be buying?

I have the t-rex for my 1125 cr and I love them!! They are solid and easy to use, The price was great and I would def. buy them again.

Its been a while since I bought so I forgot the price but I would give them a call to find out the best set for your bike.

These are the ones that I bought for my XB9r:
    http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=188
    They have other choices with different handles and finishes.

You could also look at gpi industries. I was down to deciding between the t-rex and the gpi stands (pitbulls are overkill/overpriced for what I need), read a lot of reviews on both and it sounded like the gpi stands are sturdier and handle wear better.

I just bought the set williegoat pointed out above, nice but with 2 minor problems, none a deal breaker. The lower front support should be shimmed 3/8" or so as the right fork is a tab shorter. Also, using the triple tree support, I couldn't get the front tire high enough to rotate the caliper out of the way. I had to loosen the top and remove the bottom caliper mounting bolts to get enough swing to rotate the fork. The fender also had to come off. NBD.

The rear is perfect for my needs. Overall, real nice finish and quality, solid as a rock. No problem mounting/dismounting on the stands.

I've got trackside rear from cyclegear $115 I think $20 cheaper than the pit bull, no complaints.

Got my t-rex set about a year ago and have absolutely no complaints here. Plan on buying myself an additional set for my other bike. Got mine for around $120 shipped.

the front pin on my bike(03 xb9s) should be 18mm right? the guy at trex says I need a 15.5mm and the 12 takes the 18mm. Can anyone confirm this for me.

Art, 15.5mm is what came with my set. Works fine, I don't think it is that critical a fit. You've got to have some clearance if you need to rotate the fork once it's in the air, no? Do they offer different pins?

Could have used one yesterday and save $15 on having tire mounted. Found these on Ebay, may pick a set up for sure, about $120 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast