Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Rex stands

I'll have to ask about the spools. 10mm would be the size I should ask for? Maybe use them for something. deh2k2, what size pin for what model bike? These guys seem to be pretty decent out of all the companys. The guys at lockhart were not to good on customer service I know that.

XB9R, I told Tom the issue I had with the standard pin (18mm)on the triple tree stand and he sent me a "smaller one"... He will know what size it is.

An I asked for the 10mm spools...

And the T-Rex stands have 2 types... S and V

I bought the "V"
    http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=190

and for a couple of extra $$$ I bought the rear spool and rear swing arm adapters for the rear stand....

These guys are awesome on customer service... they did not play the... "did you try this?" or "it is the Buell that is the problem"... they figured out a solution and sent me the different pin for free...

If you talk to Oscar, he can ask Tom what pin he sent out for the Buell a couple of weeks ago...

Whats 10mm on the spools?

The thread size

Thanks for the update, Art. I've got the v-style, and have touched base for the 18mm pin. Maybe when we're done Trex will have a real Buell kit :D

They told me when I just ordered mine that I'm getting the new designed tripple tree adapter which has a little different pin angle. Can anyone with the v style tell me if the handle comes off with the bike still in the air. It says they do on the site but oscar told me they didn't, but the s style does. I went with the s type but I hope I shouldn't have got the V. My order hasn't shipped yet so I'm going to try to swap the rear s for the v but keep the front s. Hope I still have time to though. I also got some 10mm spools for nothing along with a 17&18mm pin. Let you know what I think when they arrive.

Art, the V handle does not come off in use, front or rear. There are 2 rubber bumpers on the bottom of each that give the stand a bit of grip onto the floor once up. Needed IMO.

The pin angle change would be nice if it gives what is needed to lift that tire. There is 1-2" of room on my Firebolt to go up before the fairing has to come off, so...

here's my bike on a set of t-rex stands, no complaints about them, good price, and work great. For rear lift I took a piece of round bar work and welded an end on one side and made a bolt locker for the other, cheaper than spools and easy enough to put in before I lift the bike.

Those are the exact same stands I got on order. They look good and seem to get the front tire off the groud pretty high. You didn't get the swingarm adapter with yours? Also how do you like the single handle style, and what size pin are you useing. Only problem with the way you do the rear is you can't get the tire off. Thanks for the pics and sweet bike btw.

I have the front on one of the lower settings, it can actually lift alot higher than that, or lower, depending on what you want. Not sure what size pin I am using, when I ordered all I told them was the year and model of my bike and they sent me what I have. Can't pull rear wheel with this setup, but its my general work set up, if i need to pull wheel I use the rear stand to grab the swingarm. The Single handle style works just fine for me, takes a little effort to get the front up but no big deal, the higher you have the lift set the harder it is to lift. Thinking about it though, you'd probly be better with the smaller pin, occasionally i have to tap my front stand out of the triple tree with a deadblow hammer. and its easier to get the front stand out with the back still lifted.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast