Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buell tool kit

Just wondering if all these bike came with a tool kit? When I bought mine it didn't have it but when just bought my jacket and pants I got a couple of tool kits that are buell. Was checking them out and I don't see the thing to remove the wheel in it and from what I've seen on here the bikes tool kit comes with that. What tool kit do I got? Anyone help me out

if you bought the bike new, it should have come with a tool kit complete with the nut-like tool that removes the wheel. The tool looks like a hex nut with little deviders on the sides.. hard to explain. I lost the one that came with my old XB9, and I ended up going to the tool shop and picking up a nut/bolt set that was large enough to fit and used that... it was pretty ghetto, but it worked. I have the one for my 1125R still...

Thats how I realized that I didn't have the right tool kit is that. The kit I got is Buell and has about everything else in it though. I just made up that same thing with a couple 7/8 nuts and a short bolt and welded it solid. Anyone want to trade tool kits? If you got an extra kicking around. Someone has to have the one that came with my bike somewhere!!

I had to buy a tool kit off ebay and it didn't include the axel remover either. I eventually got a big hex bolt that im using now.

While on the topic: what tools am i missing from my kit? And what is the purpose for the big wrench and the cable thing?

Thats the tool kit I've been seeing. Mine is alot bigger with more tools. I got mine from GR Harley when I got my jacket and pants. Check out the site and see it. They run about $60 on sale from $90. That big wrench is for the shock and not sure what the cable thing is though. I think your kit should of had the wheel remover too. How much your kit go for?

a lot of people use the cable as a helmet lock under their seat. Mine actually came attached to my seat when I got my 1125R. I just attach helmet strap to it, then lock the back seat on the bike and voila...insta-helmet lock.

How much your kit go for?
    Bought it for $5 from someone parting their bike.

a lot of people use the cable as a helmet lock under their seat.
    Genius! I never thought of that.

Genius! I never thought of that.
    That's facepalm worthy :D

The big wrench is a spanner wrench to adjust your rear shock spring pre-load.

I think you are missing a few tools. My factory took kit has a couple of wrenches and a allen wrench I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast