Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stealth Exhaust Popping Issues

Sounds logical to me....

So you don't think i should give up at this stage and go back to the stock pipe?

I took the bike out today and the overrun did my head in...

What software do you recommend I should use...

One guy in the states advertises on ebay that you can do the changes without the spreadsheet method.

Super Moderator
    You can go back to stock if you'd like, but you can certainly fix this problem yourself.

Spreadsheets and all that other mumbo jumbo are unnecessary. You need TunerPro RT5, a cable, and your bike. That's it.

I've bought the Remus Powerizer and a Powercross air filter hoping this would sort out my exhaust popping issues. Alas, it hasn't. I've only done 10 miles since fitting but I've read on other posts that it can take upto 50 miles before the unit works. When it's minus 1 here it's hard to get the motivation to do 50 miles.

Seems a bit strange to me having to do 50 miles, was hoping it would just sort my issues out straight away. So may have to revert to the remaping idea or just put it down to a badly designed exhaust.

Can you still remap with the Remus Powerizer fitted?

Super Moderator
    Unfortunately all the in-line fuel tuning modules are garbage. You can remap with them there, but then there's no point in having them attached in the first place. If I were you, I'd pull the Powerizer and come join my tuning webinar (shameless plug, I know).

Problem is your in the States and Im in the UK. Just dont have the confidece in messing around with my ECU. I received my cabel and a cd with some maps on it... Problem is the maps only go up to a 2008

Super Moderator
    Well let's work out a time that's good for you. You have my e-mail. If you want to pursue that avenue, just shoot me another message.

It's really not very difficult. You just have to be meticulous about the process.

OK

Reading this old thread with interest because I had the EXACT same problem. I believe I have the latest map on my bike but that was from 2010 after my bike went in for a lengthy "investigation" to find out why my 2009 Buell was intermittently hesitating and stalling. They didn't find anything after 5 weeks of having my bike. I asked them to install the latest ECU firmware afterwards and that mostly sorted my problem - but I had to ask Harley to do it rather than them advising me that I should have it, and hey presto my hesitation problem went away. What I got in return was what seemed like a racier engine and more popping along with "always on" annoying fan. Having an after market exhaust system I hated the popping but got used to it. I also spoke to Tubbs and was told the exact same story - as in there's nothing you can do to tune the ECU. Well my bike had the add on fueller, K&N and the exhaust. I sold the exhaust to a chap here when I was serious about selling my Buell. As it turned out I've kept my Buell and running it on stock exhaust. My bike is much quieter now and feels smoother. I like it but have been considering a Stealth exhaust slip on as that was on my wish list originally but after reading all this again, knowing my own pain and frustration with my Buell I think keeping it stock is not a bad idea, especially if you are not mechanically inclined like myself. I still run my bike on the TFI + K&N, well until recently when I went back to stock again [was serious about selling, still not sure?]. But the TFI + K&N on original exhaust is still not a bad option, still power improvements were def felt - mostly in the throttle responses not top end.

You can tune any Buell bike. Any! You can tune it with free software and a learning curve or you can pay with Ecmspy. You can tune with a spreadsheet and hex data if your feeling adventurous. Dealer has no idea what they are talking about. You don't need any aftermarket fueling add-on or piggyback controllers. Just need to add fuel to your map in the decel areas to stop the popping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast